German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, I would like to thank all of you who answered my question earlier about getting a puppy. I spent some time thinking about it, and decided that a puppy probably wouldn't work right now, so I decided to adopt an adult! Her name is Sasha and she's such a beautiful addition to my family. I am such a proud mamma already, so I wanted to show y'all pictures of my beautiful baby(2 yo) girl. :)

Me and Sasha

Me and Sasha again

Sasha being content :)

I'm fairly certian this is a "Mom you're a nut! Quit takin' my picture and play with me!" look lol

Happy girl :)

Cheese!!!

Favorite possession...other than her mom:happyboogie:

Sasha had a rough start in life, but I think she's happy that she's finally safe. She's starting to come out of her shell (she was very shy when her foster mom dropped her off), and is now my constant shadow lol! She's not too sure about her grandma or her uncle, but both are pretty sure about her so it will all be well. I'm hoping that as she gets more comfortable I'll be able to love on her and be loved on, but also be able to have some privacy when I want it. Someone likes to follow me into the bathroom:hammer: but if I have to give up a little privacy so she can feel safe it's totally worth is. I'm basically in love :wub:

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
She's beautiful...Congratulations! :)

(that following you around thing...it's a GSD trait...lol)

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Congrats on Sasha! She is a beautiful girl. You get used to the whole no privacy/bathroom thing. GSD's are velcro dogs. I have not went to the bathroom by myself since I got both of my shepherds and it does not even bother me anymore. You will get used to it too.:) So once again congratulations on Sasha.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all so much. Yeah I'm starting to understand the whole velcro thing lol! My last dog was a golden retriever so this is very different haha! Is it normal that she favors me to the extreme? I mean, don't get me wrong, don't get me wrong I love that she loves me, but if my mom or brother try to do anything with her and I'm in the room she just looks at me and ignores them 90% of the time. Is that common that they pick one person over the rest of the family?

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Congratsulations, Sasha is a beautiful girl.

Thank you for giving her a forever and loving home. :)

·
Registered
349 Posts
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! Give her a big kiss from Auntie Eileen!

She IS beautiful and so happy looking! :D

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Thank you all so much. Yeah I'm starting to understand the whole velcro thing lol! My last dog was a golden retriever so this is very different haha! Is it normal that she favors me to the extreme? I mean, don't get me wrong, don't get me wrong I love that she loves me, but if my mom or brother try to do anything with her and I'm in the room she just looks at me and ignores them 90% of the time. Is that common that they pick one person over the rest of the family?

Yes, this is common. Victor is like this with me. He has to be with me, see me know where I am at all times. He listens better to me than my husband also. His attention is always on me though. I have to go in the house where he can't see me when my husband tries to do his obedience training because he is always wanting to go to me.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Such a beautiful girl! My first GSD was also a rescue named Sasha; they are the best dogs IMO.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you all so much. I will be giving her lots of hugs and kisses from all of you :)

Leslie- Thank you for answering my question; it makes me feel a little better to know this is normal. Part of her not really wanting too much to do with my brother could be the fact that she was abused (they're thinking by a man). We'll see. He's been trying to win her favor with treats. She'll take the treat from him, let him pet her one, and then she's like, "I'm done with you now. Where's mom?" ROFL! It is a big step though from when she would shrink away from him like she thought he was going to hit her every time he reached to pet her. Brick by Brick I suppose :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
She's beautiful! Excellent choice - about 4 years ago I adopted two young adult GSDs myself and have never regretted it.

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
give her time. it takes a while for them to settle in and trust, if they've been neglected or abused.

thank you so much for helping a shepherd, there are so many in need. she is a beautiful girl, your sasha!!!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Loverly Girl :) Ahhh - between the dogs and the cats, I haven't been alone in the bathroom for oh 20 years LOL's (kids grow out of it - pets don't seem to) !!

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Jkscandi50- Lol My mom's been telling me "Get used to it! When you have kids you'll never go to the bathroom alone again!" lol

·
Registered
8,186 Posts
congrats, and thank you for taking this girl and loving her. be patient. she's still not sure what's going on. in a few months, once she's settled in, she'll pay attention to the others, as well. she's clinging to you because you are probably the one giving her the most care & attention. soon, get the others involved in caring for her so she gets the message that she's part of the whole family.

she is beautiful. ya's look good together :hug:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts