German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He is 10 wks old and absolutely the smartest pup I've ever had. He is very quick and eager to learn, and is making training easy.

There's a strong wind blowing in the house :laugh:

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
A Mal :eek:

You have your work cut out for you :D

4 GSD's and a Mal, it sounds like a dream come true!

I'm jealous, he's adorable!

:wub:

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
Oh he's just too cute - and looks to be full of himself too! Have fun with that little man!

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Love the ears! That wind blown look always made me chuckle with Panzer too. :)

·
Registered
459 Posts
Very cute. Wow, new pup and new baby.... you've got your hands full.

·
Registered
219 Posts
he is gorgeous, i love the colour of him!

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very cute. Wow, new pup and new baby.... you've got your hands full.
Not really. Baby takes very long naps, upwards of 3 hrs, and I went from working 60+ hrs a week to being a stay at home mom., so for me, this is actually a break...My SO is as much of a dog nut as I am, and we had been talking about getting a 5th and final dog. Rather than wait until our son is crawling/walking and more mobile, now is an excellent time for puppy training.

Our son goes everywhere with us - walks and all outings, and pup goes right along too. He's a good baby, and he'll be raised with quite the dog family. :)

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A Mal :eek:

You have your work cut out for you :D

4 GSD's and a Mal, it sounds like a dream come true!

I'm jealous, he's adorable!

:wub:
Thank you and yes, we do! But we have been following Leerburgs puppy training methods and they work wonderfully! Dante seems to be operating on a different level than our others, (shhh don't tell them I said that!) and it's amazing how quickly he picks things up. He learned right away to focus and sit when he wants something - to go outside, to get a treat, to get food, or attention. He is just so eager to learn, it's really pleasant to work with him.

We needed a change from the shepherds. We love them dearly, but the heartache and financial considerations even with the well bred ones...after Kodi's hip replacement, and the second one looming in the near future....we looked for a Mal pup for adoption and he popped up on Petfinder last week, we drove to KY that night to get him.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Not really. Baby takes very long naps, upwards of 3 hrs, and I went from working 60+ hrs a week to being a stay at home mom., so for me, this is actually a break...My SO is as much of a dog nut as I am, and we had been talking about getting a 5th and final dog. Rather than wait until our son is crawling/walking and more mobile, now is an excellent time for puppy training.

Our son goes everywhere with us - walks and all outings, and pup goes right along too. He's a good baby, and he'll be raised with quite the dog family. :)
That is awesome!! Congrats on ALL your new additions :D

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
he is a real cutie!! you'll have fun adding a mali to the pack:)

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Thank you and yes, we do! But we have been following Leerburgs puppy training methods and they work wonderfully! Dante seems to be operating on a different level than our others, (shhh don't tell them I said that!) and it's amazing how quickly he picks things up. He learned right away to focus and sit when he wants something - to go outside, to get a treat, to get food, or attention. He is just so eager to learn, it's really pleasant to work with him.

We needed a change from the shepherds. We love them dearly, but the heartache and financial considerations even with the well bred ones...after Kodi's hip replacement, and the second one looming in the near future....we looked for a Mal pup for adoption and he popped up on Petfinder last week, we drove to KY that night to get him.
It isn't a bad thing to not want another GSD when you already have 4 beautiful GSD's, we can always love more than one breed. I would love to own a Doberman, but right now I have nothing but GSD's on my mind. :wub:

Congrats to you on your baby and your new puppy. I cant wait to see pictures of him growing up and thanks for adopting. :)

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Wow he is gorgeous! I can't wait to see more pic's as he grows up! I too am super jealous of your pack :)

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
I love his ears,lol so cute congrats:)
He's gorgeous. :wub: Just send him here when you get tired of him. :laugh: He would look good with Rafi--also an adoptee from that area of the country. There seem to be a lot of mals down there.

Just a heads up: mals are also prone to HD. Rafi came with some joint problems but I put him on supplements right away and he's doing great now.

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
They don't have near the extent of problems that the GSD does. Rafi is part GSD isn't he?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts