German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All.

My name is Leah. I live in Concord, NC, and just rescued my first GSD on Thursday. I've decided to name him Malachi-from the Bible. In Hebrew it translates to 'my angel.' Which is exactly what he's already become to this lonely, divorced, single mama!!

Unfortunately he came from an awful situation. He was penned up in a very small run in someones back yard, completely exposed to the elements. Feces are urine were everywhere and no food bowl in site. He is beyond emaciated. His ribs, hip bones, shoulder blades, spine..every bone..is visible. He is such a sweet sweet boy, though. Not one accident in the house, either! I can tell that once he's healthy and feeling better, with a little obedience training he is going to be incredible! He has SO much potential. Despite being utterly neglected, he is a lovebug. He is very attentive to me. My father worked with GSDs during Vietnam and had told me wonderful things about the breed. I am experiencing that for myself now.

I am looking forward to learning from all you experienced GSD mommies and daddies here. I have already learned so much just browsing the last few days.
Thanks in advance!!

Malachi's Mama :p

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Welcome!! And thank you for making Malachi a part of your family. He is a blessed boy!

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Welcome and well wishes to you both..

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Welcome to you and your boy. :greet:

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
:welcome: I'm glad Malachi is safe and loved now :)

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Welcome! So glad you and Malachi found each other! Look forward to hearing all about your adventures together... and, of course, seeing more pictures!!!! I am assuming Malachi is the dog in your avatar, he looks beautiful!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all for the warm welcoming! Yes, Malachi is the dog in my photos. I have several concerns with his health since I brought him home..he is going to the vet tomorrow. I am praying his symptoms aren't the result of something serious...I will post with results of tests/exam. Thanks again everyone!

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I will join you in hoping nothing serious is going on. It is not uncommon for dogs from a rescue situation, like your dog, to have some health needs. Most of the time they are due to the neglect of the prior owner and are easily treatable. Please do let us know what the vet says and what the tests reveal. There are a lot of very knowledgeable people on this forum who I trust will provide you guidance no matter what the outcome.

Wishing you and Malachi all the best!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@lifeofriley you are exactly right..I have no doubt the Lord brought us together bc we are exactly what eachother needed! I never would have guessed I'd have found it in a black GSD! But I'm so glad I did!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts