German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Lone Ranger,

I got Spartacus at 8 1/2 weeks and like you, he was the biggest WL GSD puppy i had ever seen. He was pick male and was 17.6lbs or 7.98kg when i got him. I gave him 3 days on kibble just to get settled and them went full blown raw.

I started with ground hamburger/ground chicken mix and did that with yogurt and small amount for salmon oil for 1 week. I then added to the mix, chicken leg and breast meat, beef heart and chicken gizzards. Still only muscle meat for the next week. Then i added small amount chicken liver, just to get acclimated.

He is now 15 weeks today and gets a mix of ground beef, chicken, turkey, chicken gizzards, beef heart, chicken breast meat and a cheap 5lb roast that was on special for $5. I mix it all together and then separate it into freezer bags and have food for 3 or 4 weeks to each bag i add 2 chicken feet for the natural glucosamine. For organ i use beef liver and beef kidney and starting at 9 weeks i introduced him to chicken wings. Now he gets quarters, wings, drumsticks, chicken and turkey necks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts