German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when i got my dog the breeder told me he was a working showline at the time I didn’t really know anything about gsd but after a few reads on here I understand its either showline or working line so i am a little confused. I have his pedigree but all his ancestors are from other countries so i dont think it would show on his akc pedigree if they have any champions or titles is there any database where i can find this out?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is his pedigree if it helps want to know if he has any certain things he might be good at based off his pedigree and also what is with all the vons in dog names? What does it mean? I feel like changing his name so it can have a von in it lol

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What would You like to know about your pedigree?
I dont really know how to read it and what it means but its my understanding if any titles where won in other countries it wont show on here? I just wanna know if theres any titles won in certain activities to see if i can train my dog in that to see if hes a natural at it. Want to know if he has any bred traits

·
Registered
14 Posts
The word von and vom mean from in German indicates which kennel the dog is from. An AKC pedigree on a foreign dog is sometimes difficult to follow. The dogs with an SZ number are dogs registered through the SV in Germany.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I dont really know how to read it and what it means but its my understanding if any titles where won in other countries it wont show on here? I just wanna know if theres any titles won in certain activities to see if i can train my dog in that to see if hes a natural at it. Want to know if he has any bred traits
With the dogs in part of his pedigree they are from Mexico.. there are some good working showlines in the dog’s pedigree, meaning they are dogs which know how to do Schutzhund work. In Germany in order to be able to breed a dog the dog must have obtained a working title and a show rating.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The male Atos aus Agrigento was a VA dog, SchH 3 breed survey for life, HD/ED normal his ZW is 86 and he was 66.2cm tall this height is now over the standard as it was changed to 65cm as maximum height for males.. he is registered through the SV. He was the VA 1 dog at the Bundesieger in 2014 and VA 4 in the Netherlands Sieger Show.. he also had a lot of very good V ratings.. if you’d like more info on the pedigree let me know this is just one of the dogs. Karat’s Ulk was from Denmark

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The male Atos aus Agrigento was a VA dog, SchH 3 breed survey for life, HD/ED normal his ZW is 86 and he was 66.2cm tall this height is now over the standard as it was changed to 65cm as maximum height for males
So is working showline a cross between both working and showline? And schH is basicaly protection dog right?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The male Atos aus Agrigento was a VA dog, SchH 3 breed survey for life, HD/ED normal his ZW is 86 and he was 66.2cm tall this height is now over the standard as it was changed to 65cm as maximum height for males.. he is registered through the SV. He was the VA 1 dog at the Bundesieger in 2014 and VA 4 in the Netherlands Sieger Show.. he also had a lot of very good V ratings
also ive heard of west german and american line, can you tell from this what he is?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The male Atos aus Agrigento was a VA dog, SchH 3 breed survey for life, HD/ED normal his ZW is 86 and he was 66.2cm tall this height is now over the standard as it was changed to 65cm as maximum height for males.. he is registered through the SV. He was the VA 1 dog at the Bundesieger in 2014 and VA 4 in the Netherlands Sieger Show.. he also had a lot of very good V ratings.. if you’d like more info on the pedigree let me know this is just one of the dogs. Karat’s Ulk was from Denmark
Sorry but i am really knew to this what does v1 rating mean and what are v ratings

·
Registered
14 Posts
also ive heard of west german and american line, can you tell from this what he is?
He has a lot of foreign dogs in the back of his pedigree as well as German dogs.. I don’t know a lot about the Mexico dogs. The V ratings are conformation shows and they can be at the regional or state levels these are known as LG or OG shows. The VA1 is the highest honor at the BSZS the largest German Shepherd show in the world. In order to get the VA the dog must have completed Obedience, Tracking and Protection and at the Sieger Show they are tested on the obedience and protection work

·
Registered
14 Posts
He has a lot of foreign dogs in the back of his pedigree as well as German dogs.. I don’t know a lot about the Mexico dogs. The V ratings are conformation shows and they can be at the regional or state levels these are known as LG or OG shows. The VA1 is the highest honor at the BSZS the largest German Shepherd show in the world. In order to get the VA the dog must have completed Obedience, Tracking and Protection and at the Sieger Show they are tested on the obedience and protection work
From what I see he has more German dogs and I don‘t see American lines per say

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Your puppy hasn't been added to the database, but here's a link to your pup's dam:

I didn't see the sire, but the grandfather is listed:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Also the links that are for the pedigree database are more accurate for information about where the dogs in his pedigree are from and what titles they’ve earned

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Also the links that are for the pedigree database are more accurate for information about where the dogs in his pedigree are from and what titles they’ve earned
Thanks you’ve been a great help! Im going to look into that pedigree database more. Any ideas on how to start him getting into protection work?

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts