German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted another forum about a law that requires female dogs to be confined.

But, I found more stuff that is even more interesting. In WV it is illegal to not follow through with the spay/neuter agreement from a rescue or humane society! the minimum fine is $150 too, so not exactly chump change!

It's too long to post here, but here is the link if anyone is interested in reading it.
West Virginia Consolidated Dog Laws

Chapter 19. Agriculture. Article 20B. Spaying or Neutering of Dogs and Cats.

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Here's one from my town. LMAO!

(2) Public Gatherings - Leash control Only. An animal may be at
any public gathering not otherwise specified in this bylaw only
if it is on a six-foot or shorter leash and the animal must refrain
from illegal activities.

·
Registered
6,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's one from my town. LMAO!

(2) Public Gatherings - Leash control Only. An animal may be at
any public gathering not otherwise specified in this bylaw only
if it is on a six-foot or shorter leash and the animal must refrain
from illegal activities.
make sure the dogs leave their smokes at home! lol

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Here in Florida there is a law (or it's just about to pass, not sure) that every cat and dog over 6 months must be fixed unless they are papered with breeding rights and even then you must aquire a license if you have an intact pet. Also every shelter animal MUST be fixed before it is allowed to leave.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Here's a good one: Where I live, rural area in Quebec, Canada, I cannot have more than 3 dogs (yes, I have 5), but I can have as MANY dogs as I want if they're not spayed/neutered and I apply for a breeders permit ($50.00 annually)-(basically a puppymill permit) and if you have a breeders permit you don't need licenses for the dogs. But my dogs are all spayed/neutered up to day on their vaccinations and have licenses (it costs me more for the licences than it would for a breeders permit - but I can't get a breeders permit, because they're spayed/neutered) and they say only 3..... Stupid Quebec laws. If you're wondering how I have 5, well I don't really have any neighbours (so no one to complain), plus 2 of them are licensed in another city under my sister's name. Sneaky yes!

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Here in Florida there is a law (or it's just about to pass, not sure) that every cat and dog over 6 months must be fixed unless they are papered with breeding rights and even then you must aquire a license if you have an intact pet. Also every shelter animal MUST be fixed before it is allowed to leave.
I like that law, aside from the age dogs must be fixed.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts

I think it's a terrible law. I don't want my county or state mandating that I jeporadize my animals health and well being in the name of "animl control".

The link given says the law became effective January 1, 2010 so I checked and it apparently died in the committee on May 2, 2009.
CS/HB 451 - Animal Control or Cruelty Ordinances

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.