German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
The Nerd Herder
6,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We took the boys to a dog park today. There were 10 dogs there. We did some OB outside the fence and then I took Valor in. The wife and Hank were a few minutes behind.

It was a really nice group of dogs and attentive owners.

The interesting thing was the old man of the park. This little older male pug was a cool little dude. He was super confident and played so well with all the dogs. He would zip under a bench where his owner was sitting when he needed a break and the other dogs would just leave him be. Then he would zoom out and play for a bit. It was cool to see a little dog with such confidence and good manners with other dogs.

Valor and Hank were good boys. No fallout from the incident a couple months past. We did a bunch of recall and OB play type stuff using other dogs as distraction. The other owners were really nice and had great suggestions for local taco joints.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
That sounds really great - it's so cool when little dogs are like that.

And I'm glad no fall out from the incident. Not surprised, but it's still fantastic.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Way back in Apex's dog park day which are nice parks around here. There was a Miniature Pinscher who was at the park frequently. He was the most balanced, confident and respected dog at the park. Reminds me of someone's tag line (can't recall who it is) Its not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog. Not this dog was into fighting he just oozed confidence and every dog could smell it I guess.

Great to hear your dogs have recovered perfectly.

·
Administrator
The Nerd Herder
6,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:whistle:
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....Tacos?
My daughter made awesome fish tacos last night with homemade slaw and mango salsa and fresh hot soft taco shells
We are less than 50 miles from Mexico. Top notch tacos around here.

·
Super Moderator
5,649 Posts
oh, are you hanging out around Brownsville?

·
Administrator
The Nerd Herder
6,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh, are you hanging out around Brownsville?
We are currently at Karchner Caverns in Arizona. Next stop is Tucson overnight at a harvest host and then Alamo Lake for a week.

Reactions: car2ner

·
Registered
794 Posts
He would zip under a bench where his owner was sitting when he needed a break and the other dogs would just leave him be.
This is pretty common at our dog park. Several of the smaller and/or older dogs like to scoot under the picnic tables where their humans sit to take a break. It is nice to see the little guys flopped over on their sides with their tongues handing out in the sand taking a break before they head out into the fray.

Extra points to the clever dogs who have figured out that if they dig a shallow hole in the sand, they can uncover some cool, damp sands which is perfect for cooling off.

·
Administrator
The Nerd Herder
6,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Same park this morning. It was apparently GSD day. At one point, there were 7 GSDs / mixes and one Mal in the park.

There was a Rottie that didn't play well with others but I kept Valor away from him and the owner took him away after just a couple minutes in the park.

It was nice to talk GSD with everyone. A few overweight dogs, but that's fairly normal. Everyone played well with each other. We mostly played off to the side but there was a lot of good, drive by interaction and handler focus.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I just love pugs The first dog I ever met was a pug named Peter I was visiting my grandparents in Florida that is all I remember of the trip lol

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
I just love pugs The first dog I ever met was a pug named Peter I was visiting my grandparents in Florida that is all I remember of the trip lol
I feel bad for pugs what with the whole breathing thing, but I think it's hilarious that what you remember is the dog! Even then your priorities were right!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts