German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some of the crazy things your GSD does ?

Mine: He's 3 years old, I rescued him 1.5 years ago. Whenever I get the vacuum cleaner out, he goes totally berserk. He's absolutely and completely convinced that it's going overpower me, eat me, and send me into oblivion if he doesn't kill it first.....:)

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Mine use to do that with the vacuum and I thought it was funny until she would pick it off the ground then let it crash on the floor. So I tied a leash around me and made her walk with me as I vacuumed and then a treat for good behavior. She was so fast I couldn't correct her with out the leash.
But my other GSD is very ball driven and will not eat, drink or release her ball if I don't physically remove it from her.
She also doesn't like the water /spray hose on anything else except her mouth! I can turn on the hose and she holds it like a pacifier and I can leave her out front forever with that hose.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Kaiser is 7 months and does the same thing when I'm shoveling snow. He thinks the shovel is going to get us. He also hides any time I vacuum. He knows what closet I keep the vacuum in and runs around the corner if he sees me open it. The other day I was taking him to the vet and needed to turn on the windshield wipers do to it raining. I had totally forgotten he has never seen them in action before. Once I turned them on he went crazy and tried attacking them.:p

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HA !! That's funny about the windshield wipers.... Mine won't fit with me in the cab of my truck, but I can see him doing the same thing !!!

·
Registered
253 Posts
My boxer jumped the railiing on our deck and actually bit the tire on the riding lawn mower. Nothing moves that he doesnt want to get...

·
Registered
130 Posts
My pup sleeps in my bedroom at night, sometimes when he gets up before I do and needs to go out, he licks me to wake me up. He also knows that there is no barking in my bedroom.

Well, the other morning, I must have been sleeping too close to the middle of the bed to be in licking-range, but he really needed to go out. Knowing I don't like when he barks in the bedroom, he got really close to me, barked loudly once, and then hid his head under the bed. This happened two more times before I couldn't stop laughing and got out of bed to let him out,

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Yep! Kain is the same way. Vacuum cleaner, lawn rake, garden hoe, broom, he doesn't care. He's implement aggressive!:)
LOL, that sounds just like my Shasta!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Mine barks at random objects at random times. You know the deep "intimidating" bark that these dogs have...well....she did it when I was upstairs and she was downstairs...she was barking at her ball. She did it again to the lamp. She did it again to her food bowl. And, once again, to the mop (when it's NOT in use lol) and all these incidences were at separate times too. She is just hilarious.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
RudeDogTraining... that reminds me of another thing mine does. I've got my personal pickup, my son has a pickup and then I've got a company work pickup. The two personal trucks park under the carport, I pull my company truck up behind my pickup in the driveway.

I came home one day and let him outside and he immediately lit up. I really thought somebody may have been outside doing something they shouldn't be doing. Went outside and he was having a meltdown because when I pulled my work truck into the driveway, it was parked in a different spot than where it always stay...... :)

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
RudeDogTraining... that reminds me of another thing mine does. I've got my personal pickup, my son has a pickup and then I've got a company work pickup. The two personal trucks park under the carport, I pull my company truck up behind my pickup in the driveway.

I came home one day and let him outside and he immediately lit up. I really thought somebody may have been outside doing something they shouldn't be doing. Went outside and he was having a meltdown because when I pulled my work truck into the driveway, it was parked in a different spot than where it always stay...... :)

man you just messed up his whole placement knowledge with that one didnt you?!

If something was out of place, like a pillow on the couch or a blanket got knocked off the back of the couch, Zena used to move the pillow back where it was supposed to be when no one was using it or i'd come around the corner and this dog would be trying to put the blanket back on the couch. just on the couch. She never tried to put the blanket exactly where it should go as long as it was on the couch she was cool.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
When Shasta is done eating, she ALWAYS has to turn her bowl over. if we take the bowl away to put it away before she's flipped it over, she gets annoyed and frustrated. its hilarious.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My silly dog does the same thing with the vacuum, but only if I am the one operating it. Anybody else can vacuum and it doesn't bother him, he just moves if they get too close. But as soon as I get behind that vacuum he is barking and jumping around in an adorable fashion.

·
Registered
800 Posts
When I let Kain outside to potty, I seize the opportunity to pick up all his toys in the floor and put them away in his crate. The first thing he does when I let him back in is go to his crate, drag out all his toys and rescatter them everywhere.....then he contently lies down beside my chair for a nap.:confused: He just can't stand to have his toys put away.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Ridley (10 months) just started bringing Rennie's (4.5yrs) food bowl to us when he's hungry. He'd bring his own but I always pick it up after he eats because I feed him in his crate. I've heard of dogs doing this but it's the first time one of ours has done it. It's pretty funny to see him prancing around with this big stainless bowl in his mouth!

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Annie steals Harley's ball, walks over to my boots, drops the ball into one of them and then jumps on the couch and watches him try to get it out. She is seriously the quirkiest dog I've ever owned!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Oh, and I forgot to mention..my 4 year old (left side of my pic) likes to ensure no one can get in the house...by putting her rubber ball right infront of the door! Countless times I've tried to come home, and the rubber ball acts as a wedge and won't let the door open! When I came downstairs to get on the computer (just now), she once again put her ball infront of the door...now my husband is going to have a fun time trying to get in! lol :)

·
Registered
403 Posts
My shepherd, Texas, always goes to her crate and takes out every single toy, individually, and leaves them in living room. Then, one by one, she plays with them. Of course, she only knows how to take them out, but has yet to conquer putting away her toys after a play. =-)

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Wolfie won't eat his food unless he gets to lick the spoon that I mixed it with first. He also takes the logs off the log pile and lines them across the yard, either in a straight line or a pattern of some sort.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts