German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
I dont know much about pedigrees, but looks like a typical WGSL pedigree. Your boy shares a lot of dogs with my boy : Zamp (my boy is a Zamp grandson!), Ursus, Quantum. There are alot of good showline dogs in the pedigree.

Your pups sire is handsome, and the dam is beautiful. I bet your pups a cutie!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! He is wonderful. He is in the phase of trying to bite whenever we grab his collar to keep him from doing something. Last night he grabbed the mop head and decided to try to "kill" it. I grabbed his collar with one had and took the mop head away with the other and he jerked around and bit my wrist. Normally he is very gentle, but he definitely has gotten ahold of each of us at least once. We just correct with a firm NO! And then give him something he can bite/chew.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have heard that having Zamp on one side and Vegas on the other means this is a very strong pedigree. I have read/heard wonderful things about both males. Just curious if there are some out here that might have some info/thoughts/concerns as I am new at this :)

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Here's a great article about Zamp. THE LEGEND - ZAMP

Thanks! He is wonderful. He is in the phase of trying to bite whenever we grab his collar to keep him from doing something. Last night he grabbed the mop head and decided to try to "kill" it. I grabbed his collar with one had and took the mop head away with the other and he jerked around and bit my wrist. Normally he is very gentle, but he definitely has gotten ahold of each of us at least once. We just correct with a firm NO! And then give him something he can bite/chew.
Haha sounds like my boy - he loves to try and 'kill' anything. Puppies are VERY bite-y. Just work on it, they have little shark mouths for a while. When he nips, yell OW! really loud and sudden - make a big deal about it. if he does it again walk away. He will learn that biting = fun human leaves and play time is over. Also, substituting with a proper chew toy is good. You will find a wealth of information on this site.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts