German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning. My GS puppy was diagnosed with VA and we are starting medications tomorrow. I am so confused about when to give them. The Sotalol needs to be given every 12 hours with the Mexiletine , but the Mexiletine is supposed to be given every eight hours. I am no mathematician, but this is impossible to do. My vet said the Sotalol must be taken with the Mex so I am confused. I have a call into her and obviously won't start Luna on the medication until I speak with her, but does anyone here have an advice? Luna is 4 1/2 months old.

Thanks in advance.
Kelly

·
Registered
7,904 Posts
Hey. Sorry about your pups diagnosis. But you are correct. They cannot be given at the exact same time, except for maybe 1 dose. They need to be given in conjunction, but not together if that makes sense. Your pup should be on both at the sane time, but not necessary fir them to be given at the same time of day.

The sotalol can be given at 6 a and 6p and the mexitil can be given at 6a 2p and 10p. Or as close to that as possible. My cardiologists know that it most likely will never be perfect spacing. Life happens. So we tell people to do their best.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts