German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday the cowboys worked the cattle. They vaccinated, castrated and wormed. Last year when this happened, Inga went out to the corrals and gorged on testicles, then threw them up in the house. I never want to see that again! (She tried to re-eat). Not only that, she went back out there and found and ate disgusting rotten testicles for the next week.

So this time I put a tub for the cowboys to throw the 'prairie oysters' and collect them. So the testes were then divided into 'servings' in plastic bags and placed in the freezer to be rationed out.

And your dogs are lucky to get old dried up 'bully (steer) sticks'. Ha ha.:D

Registered
I never want to see that again! (She tried to re-eat). Not only that, she went back out there and found and ate disgusting rotten testicles for the next week.

And your dogs are lucky to get old dried up 'bully (steer) sticks'. Ha ha.:D
Mei ate cat vomit this morning LOL. I was too tired to care really and she already ate most of it before I realized what it was. ya, gross!

She loves those bully sticks though. Makes her breath smell so bad though!

Registered
Right, so two threads one on top of the other are;

Inga and the calf testicles

I'm fat, he is a wolf, and a porcupine died.

You guys are on fire today
LOLOL Awesome!

My dogs threw up whole sardines once. Both of them, within an hour of eating them. 1 pound each. Like your testicle story, I never want to see that again.

We have some butchers around here and we SOMETIMES get luck and get testicles. I am pretty sure they are not suppose to hand them over.

So many jokes to make...lol

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
I missed the dead porcupine discussion :(

Registered
Oh, and speaking of throwing up, I once had my cat throw up a dead mouse in the middle of the hallway. I found it with my bare foot when I got up to go to the bathroom in the wee hours...:eek:

Registered
Oh, and speaking of throwing up, I once had my cat throw up a dead mouse in the middle of the hallway. I found it with my bare foot when I got up to go to the bathroom in the wee hours...:eek:
Just..... EWW!!!

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
Well, I let Inga out the other morning and she came running back chewing something crunchy as fast as she could while being all cagey because she knew I would take it away. At first I thought it was a piece of wood until I saw the tail. It was an old dried dead rat.

Registered
Yep, country life with the girls. Come outside to find head's, old dead critters, other critter parts or hear them crunching on the previous! Not to mention the fresh kills from hunting expeditions in the nearby brush or the hay fields.

Sometimes all you can do is roll your eyes.

Registered
LOL! Yup, too true!

At training tonight, one of the women shared how her dog (non-GSD) got nicked by the clippers when being groomed and she never realized it until he decided to roll in the remains of a dead woodchuck. The nick got infected with the bacteria from the rotten carcass, and also got a healthy dose of maggots!

Country life, with dogs...NOT for the squeamish!

Registered
Discussion Starter #16
Inga was overjoyed to bring home a 'sail cat'. A sail cat is a dried run over cat that you can pick up and throw like a frisby.

Registered
Years and years (3 decades actually!) ago my dog, a large strong-willed mutt, escaped the yard on garbage day (Wednesdays). But.. it was the Wed after Thanksgiving so a lot of rotting turkey carcasses in the bins on the curbs. A friend of mine, a few blocks down the road, called me and told me that my dog was raiding the garbage cans. So, got in my car and nailed him on the spot when I saw him literally standing with his head in the tipped over garbage can, eating away. He never saw or heard me coming. No gentle techniques applied there. So I "sent' him back home with a tummy as round as a barrel as now way was this filthy looking scavenger allowed in my car. When I caught up with him in the back yard he had thrown up his treasures. Never had to clean up something that gross.
Over the years I got a lot smarter when it comes to dog management and training. The kids on their own also helps.

Registered
Discussion Starter #18
He would have gladly re eaten the booty so you would not have to clean it up.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts