German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
That poor animal... No creature should have to suffer like that, how sad for him and his owner that he was born with so many problems, so unfair. I can't imagine having to PTS a dog that young. :( Not commenting on the rest of it, I don't know enough about the situation or breeding to give any opinion on it.

·
Registered
822 Posts
OMG Sue, I'm Soooo very sorry for you having to say goodbye to Dax :-(
You put a lot of time and love into him trying to recover from his surgeries. You could see in his eye's that he was a Very Soulful dog and there was just something special about him. He was a gorgeous boy!!! You have my Deepest sympathy.

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
So sorry that you and your pet had to endure such pain.

Not only did your pet suffer, but you did everything you could to try to fix things for him and you also suffered right along with him.

He was loved, and he knew that, and you did the only thing you could do because you loved him and put an end to his suffering. I know it doesn't make the loss of him any easier.

Breeders that purposely breed stock knowing and aware that there is a problem in my opinion should lose their license. Anyone knowing they are producing litters of pups that they know are going to be suffering a lifetime of pain and agony should be dealt with harshly. As so called professionals, how are they bettering the breed? :mad:

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts

He did look like a wonderful dog, so sad about his medical issues... hoping dogs like this help breeders learn more about their programs and what to avoid.

People need to know that the letters 'AKC' for a registry in a dogs name means NOTHING as far as a health guarantee. And I hope EVERYONE and anyone thinking about getting a puppy with little experience with how to look for a responsible breeder takes a look at the link. For Dax and others like him

·
Super Moderator
32,426 Posts
How sad to lose your beautiful boy so young. :( I'm so very sorry.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
That poor boy! So sorry to hear about Dax.

Do you know for sure the new breeders of Zada are aware of all the health problems she has produced? I can't imagine even a BAD breeder wanting to get mixed in with a dog that produces that many problems.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The end breeder knew of the 1st litter's issues but not so sure if she knew of all of issues in the the 2nd. I would think she did having bought her from a friend and collegue but one never knows for sure do they.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
It might be worth contacting her to make sure that she does. One cannot assume her "friend" was not dishonest about what is going on.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I'm so sorry about your poor boy. The dogs on the website that now has the dam are just odd looking. There are so many good breeders out there that I hope folks do their research before getting dogs from the poor ones.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It might be worth contacting her to make sure that she does. One cannot assume her "friend" was not dishonest about what is going on.
She contacted me and I have removed the blog.

It was not my intent to slander any of the breeders mentioned and that is how they took it, unfortunately.

I merely wanted to stop the mother from being bred any further. I hope that happens but one can never be sure that it will.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
I do not think you were slandering, personally. Merely stating facts as you had them. Perhaps clean up some parts and repost. I do think information should be out there if someone wants to google the dam or the breeder.

You have facts pertaining to the medical conditions several dogs from numerous litters ended up with. That is NOT slander.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I think the problem was more related to the suggestion that breeding her again is irresponsible (however true it may be to us) and that kind of stuff, I don't know. Funny how she has a problem with a blog and wants it shut down, but continues to breed a dog that produces problem pups...

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
well I didn't get to read it:( and what's wrong with the blog? it was the truth right? I would have left it up:)

·
Registered
32,020 Posts
She contacted me and I have removed the blog.

It was not my intent to slander any of the breeders mentioned and that is how they took it, unfortunately.

I merely wanted to stop the mother from being bred any further. I hope that happens but one can never be sure that it will.
There was no slander in what you have written. They were all facts and Dax's story. I think people should know the medical problems in the puppies being produced. I'm sorry you have had to go through all this.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts