German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have been browsing this forum alot lately and just decided to register as a member :)

My wife and I are seriously thinking about getting a GSD. We are now in the phase of figuring out from which breeder we would like to get our puppy.

As for what we want, well we would like a WGSL dog with good temperament that can be around small kids :)

Now my question
As anyone ever herd of a breeder in maniwaki, quebec? I beleive he is called la maison du berger allemand, their web site is Élevage de Berger Allemand du Nord - La Maison des Berger Allemand - German Shepherd - Nord Québec

I couldnt find info on this forum so i would like to know if he is a good breeder....

Thank you for your help

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
Non, mais ses chiens sont tres beaux. Yes, I can see why you would be interested. But I didn't see any hip ratings or parentage cleared for DM. I would ask about that before deciding to get a pup from them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Merci pour votre répone :)

I have actually drove there. The owner say he doesnt do xrays. I understand GSD are prone for hip problem but are xrays a must?

I spend almost 2 hours with the owner and the dogs, which btw, seem quite relax and cool...even with our little boy.

Again thanks for the reply, i'll keep reading about breeders, GSD, and try to visit few more kennels before i stop my choice

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
I understand GSD are prone for hip problem but are xrays a must?
ABSOLUTELY! Hip and elbow screening is the BARE MINIMUM that should be done health testing wise!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts