German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Narnia Kennels

As you may know... I just lost my boy. Neither of my first 2 gsd's came from a breeder so I have a lot to learn and am relying heavily on the experience of the members here.
Has anyone had experience with this breeder ?
I am looking for a sound working line boy or girl to train with and possibly go on to more organized events as I learn what he/she enjoys (and I learn more about that world). But above all else a solid companion to do everything with ie. hiking, swimming etc.
A dog I can take everywhere but who is happy to snuggle up in the evening a watch a movie with lots of hugs!
A dog who is smart as a whip and has an innate ability to discern appropriate reactions.
In all honesty I am middle age ish so I think a moderate/high ? drive would be appropriate.
I live alone, work from home and have time and energy to give. I have a home and large fenced yard.
Thank you all
Feel free to pm or make suggestions about other breeders near Ottawa,Ontario, Canada

·
Registered
37 Posts
There is also vom tighe Haus not sure I have that right Don’t know her just have looked at the website

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congratulations🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉!!! That is where I will be getting my puppy from too.
That's fantastic. I think anything from Carmspack/Fraserglen would be a solid choice. May I ask what pairing your pup will be from ?
I am drawn to Nog for some reason and apparently there is something upcoming with him and a new gal Jill.

·
Registered
462 Posts
That's fantastic. I think anything from Carmspack/Fraserglen would be a solid choice. May I ask what pairing your pup will be from ?
I am drawn to Nog for some reason and apparently there is something upcoming with him and a new gal Jill.
I think so too. I won't know yet. I have to wait about 7 years until I can get my German Shepherd so I can be finished with school and move, but I wanted to build a relationship with them before I got a puppy. I have seen Nog, but I don't think I have seen Jill yet. Keep us updated please.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will for sure. Jill's info isn't up yet. When the time comes I'm sure I will be posting so many pics and vids that you guys will get sick of me !!
Correction ... It's Nog x Ellie Mae not Jill. My bad

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
The current litters are all reserved so I may get on a wait list or reserve with the new girl. I am just thrilled that Carmspack/Fraserglen feels I would be a good match since their pups are so sound and well bred !
@shadowshep don't know if you follow David Winners on here but his pup Valor came out of Fraserglens Gus x Jadzea ( I may be wrong about Jadzea but I'm sure the sire was Gus) . I will definitely be taking a page from his book re: exposure/assesment and training ! He has a lot of videos you could check out !

·
Super Moderator
3,854 Posts
Valor is out of Gus and Ellie Mae :)

Reactions: Shadow Shep

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you David. I checked later and realized I'm losing my marbles because there is no way Jadzea could be having a litter again so soon ! I am going to go hunt down my lost marbles now ! lol

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
The current litters are all reserved so I may get on a wait list or reserve with the new girl. I am just thrilled that Carmspack/Fraserglen feels I would be a good match since their pups are so sound and well bred !
@shadowshep don't know if you follow David Winners on here but his pup Valor came out of Fraserglens Gus x Jadzea ( I may be wrong about Jadzea but I'm sure the sire was Gus) . I will definitely be taking a page from his book re: exposure/assesment and training ! He has a lot of videos you could check out !
The next planned litter is Jill/Gus.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Fraserglen and unlimited gsd are my shortlist of breeders - thanks to input from members here. Their dogs seem amazing. My hubby’s not ready quite yet for another dog so we’ve agreed to wait until spring. Still missing Hunter too much :cry: How exciting for you! Looking forward to seeing pics of your pup.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Fraserglen and unlimited gsd are my shortlist of breeders - thanks to input from members here. Their dogs seem amazing. My hubby’s not ready quite yet for another dog so we’ve agreed to wait until spring. Still missing Hunter too much :cry: How exciting for you! Looking forward to seeing pics of your pup.
I'm so sorry for your loss. I just lost my Egan to hemangiosarcoma. After my first gsd female (Visa) died it took me 5yrs to be ready again to get Egan. This time I decided to forge ahead immediately because I'm not gettin' any younger !lol
But for sure... grieving is an individual process. Sending you some good energy🙏

·
Registered
18 Posts
WooHoo.... just heard back from Carmspack/Fraserglen ! Doing my happy dance !:)
Now I just need to decide on a pairing and they all look fantastic ????
I’m doing my happy dance also

just left Fraserglen about an hour ago and met all the boys, :)
Carmen! Have not seen you since I’ve left Brooklin

1 - 20 of 27 Posts