German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I looked outside to see Riku behind my grape vine, having eaten at least 2 smallish bunches of grapes. To this point I have never seen him eating grapes or noticed any grapes missing, but maybe he finally figured out they were edible. I got worried so went to Google and found some people say that their dogs have eaten a few grapes and have been fine, but I found just enough to start to worry. So the next thing I googled was about inducing vomiting.

Luckily I had a bottle of hydrogen peroxide here, and even more luckily, I had a plastic syringe from when I had a wisdom tooth removed many years ago. I put about 6 teaspoons in him, after 15 minutes nothing, so I repeated (per instructions online), this time with 8 tsp which is closer to what was recommended based on his weight (90 lbs). About 10 minutes after that 2nd dose, he puked up a lot of grapes and the little branch things too, from the shape of the grapes it looked like he gulped most of them (typical dog :)).

Anyways he is doing fine now, I am just so fortunate/lucky I had hydrogen peroxide and a way to inject it into the back of his mouth for him to swallow it. These should definitely be in a doggie first-aid kit.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
One article I read said 1 tsp per 10 lbs of bodyweight, and another article said 1 tsp per 5 lbs of bodyweight. I used the 1 tsp/10lbs on the 2nd round to actually get it to work.

And, doing some quick math, I just realized that after the 2nd round, it was as if I had given the full dose at 1 tsp/5lbs in the first place..
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top