German Shepherds Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Banned
8,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thanks to everyone involved. There are some truly wonderful people, downright ANGELS on this Forum. Not sure how many years I'm on here, I think it's four, but some wonderful friendships have grown and there are a lot of people on here, even though I've never met them, who have shown that they are not only someone I just know over the internet but turned out to be TRUE FRIENDS! :wub::hugs::rose:
We have argued, cried and shared happiness together and now, we have shared something as big as getting a dog home and I honestly do not know if I would have held up the way I did without every single one of you. You have been there through a time of crisis and sleepless nights, held my hand and made it possible!

Thank you, thank you all. Without you, this wouldn't have been possible. SHE IS COMING HOME!!! :happyboogie:

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
You can read the story here:

Deleted fundraising link TL/DR from that link:
Indra went to San Antonio, Texas where she was to become a Narcotic Detection Dog. Unfortunately, things didn't go as smoothly as hoped. Indra fell ill. She developed anal fistula, a very painful chronic condition.

Indra is now unfit for duty, although she continues to be worked lightly. If she is not being worked, she is crated. Indra can no longer be kept in a kennel because she attempts to break out on a daily basis and could harm herself in the process or get killed while on the loose.
Jean
Admin

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
That's great!!! I'm so happy for you. Don't worry about the fistula's. When we had spoke on the phone last I had told you that Heidi had them to. Well a couple months later on a good diet and a round of antibiotics and hers are gone now. She was checked last week. So if she never had them with you then it can be caused by diet.

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
I am glad things worked out, and she is coming home. You two are obviously meant for each other.

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
I haven't followed the story, but I was sad when she left and now I'm happy she is coming back. My oldest dog has had two in the last 4 years, so its not an issue. The first time she had to have a procedure, this past time I caught it in time and just antibiotics. Its not hard to handle at all:)

·
Banned
8,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Here's the short version: The person that bought Indra from the broker found she had Perianal Fistulas and wanted her money back.
Yes. The long version is quite complicated.

I got 1500 for her but she was sold for 2200 (not sure if a puppy was involved on top or not. According to current owner there was) and then she was traded in for three dogs. I had no idea about any of that since I was told a totally different story by the person I had trusted.

So I am not the one she had an actual claim with but I told them from the beginning that I would take her back if they would decide to sell her.

We tried to negotiate but current owner was not willing to go down in price. I can understand her side though.
When she tried to go through the broker he contacted my friend who contacted me and apparently the broker said if I do not pay the 1500 he wpuld sue me, even though my friend dealt with him. My friend completely backed out and turned off the phone. So I got in contact with the broker and said I would pay 1500 but only after I have the dog back the broker turned around and said "but I paid 2200 you will hear from my attorney."

I told him that I did not know about any of that and he would have to go go through my friend since he was the one he dealt with. My friend however responded in an email that he choses not to get involved in that BS.

At that point the broker threatened to sue me. The current owner got the broker to back off. I broke all ties with said friend and none of them shall be named on this topic.
After all this I agreed to a fundraiser to come upnwith the money to buy her back. Mainly because I was told she is breaking out and running.

So this shows that people will take advantage of you but it also shows that there are very generousnpeople out there.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Banned
8,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's great!!! I'm so happy for you. Don't worry about the fistula's. When we had spoke on the phone last I had told you that Heidi had them to. Well a couple months later on a good diet and a round of antibiotics and hers are gone now. She was checked last week. So if she never had them with you then it can be caused by diet.
Yes you did. Apparently she is on raw and was on antibiotics but she doesnt get any better. I did a little research and apparently in germany therenwere great results with dogs being on wobenzyme.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Yes you did. Apparently she is on raw and was on antibiotics but she doesnt get any better. I did a little research and apparently in germany therenwere great results with dogs being on wobenzyme.

I will try and call you tonight.

·
Premium Member
11,248 Posts
If there is a cure for PF - I have yet to hear of it!!!! Pretty much everything I have read (and recently I have talked to two people with dogs with PF) says that treatment has not been sucessful in curing, that you can get remission, but that PF,basically at the very least, means a much shorter life span, to a very short life span....

That is really a shame about the middle man/"friend" who took the money, made a chunk and then refused to stand up and do the right thing....it is a situation that sucks all the way around....they are people I hope never to be approached to do business with....because you got screwed all the way through on this deal Sandra.

Lee

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
I am so happy she is back with you! Congratulations! I think this is destiny telling you that she belongs with you.

PF can be triggered by stress, combined with nutrition. From the brief version, she has been through a lot. I had a foster who came to me with PF. I used cyclosporin cream and it cleared up. She is PF free now. I think that the stress, sounds like she had puppies too, triggered it.

Hopefully, she will be happy and recover when she gets back home. It is just sad how some people treat dogs.

·
Banned
8,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am so happy she is back with you! Congratulations! I think this is destiny telling you that she belongs with you.

PF can be triggered by stress, combined with nutrition. From the brief version, she has been through a lot. I had a foster who came to me with PF. I used cyclosporin cream and it cleared up. She is PF free now. I think that the stress, sounds like she had puppies too, triggered it.

Hopefully, she will be happy and recover when she gets back home. It is just sad how some people treat dogs.
No puppies. The current owner does not want to breed her because of PF.

·
Banned
8,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If there is a cure for PF - I have yet to hear of it!!!! Pretty much everything I have read (and recently I have talked to two people with dogs with PF) says that treatment has not been sucessful in curing, that you can get remission, but that PF,basically at the very least, means a much shorter life span, to a very short life span....

That is really a shame about the middle man/"friend" who took the money, made a chunk and then refused to stand up and do the right thing....it is a situation that sucks all the way around....they are people I hope never to be approached to do business with....because you got screwed all the way through on this deal Sandra.

Lee
You know I dont even have an issue with him having made profit. But his reaction and backing out the way he did, that is what made it all so wrong.

·
Registered
27,249 Posts
I'm so happy for you and Indra! Sad that someone you thought had integrity isn't of the character caliber everyone seems to think.

·
Premium Member
16,483 Posts
No puppies. The current owner does not want to breed her because of PF.

The PF will defintely mean she should not be bred, ever - I was assuming, though, you were the current owner.

I hear comments about curing them with a course of antibiotics, and that may be true for some dogs, but my experience with Toby was a severe case of PF that wound up costing a lot of money, expensive medicines (tacrolimus, cyclosporin), and (for him, not done as often now) surgery...Also had to find a food he could eat....that would not cause any allergy issues whatsoever. I wish you luck in that regard. How are you going to deal with the fighting (wasn't it between her and Ma Deuce?)

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.