German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, and surprised I have not found this place until now :blush: .

I currently have 2 GSDs, on mostly black 110# male named Biz (Bismark) who was a adoption from a recent widow that could not "handle" him. Only thing was, Biz was a one guy kind of dog, and he was smart/hardheaded enough to not let the lady get over on him.

My cousin who is a professional dog trainer, turned me on to Biz, since he had a part in training him later on after initial training was done (not 100% correctly IMO).

He's been a great part of the herd here, and since my cousin knew Biz's attitude, also knew since I was headstrong Shepherd savvy, would make a good candidate for his forever home here.

My 2nd GSD is more along the lines of a true rescue/adoption and was one 1/2 of a pair that I adopted from a local animal shelter. Both were said to be "on the run" loose and no one came around to claim them. Not sure if they were always a matched set, or one found the other and became a duo on the lam. Either way, both Molly and Chance(my choice on names) have the good life in converted horse stalls (concreted floors of course ;)). I just lost Chance to a unknown cause :teary: and now Molly rules the pole barn kennels and the 10 acres here.

I've had GSDs for probably 30+ yrs now, and most recently ALL have been adoptions/rescues, some from shelters and some from K9 officers or things along those lines.

With my one cousin being a dog trainer and another cousin being a Police K9 officer, I have a good deal of background in K9 work /obedience/Schutzhund etc.

I plan on going over the rest of the forum here, and just wanted to say :greet: here.

Jeff

·
Registered
710 Posts
Welcome! Sounds like they have the good life!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts