German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been so busy with Shasta being sick, I hadn't gotten a chance to post this story.

So Shasta's daddy takes her outside to play off leash every morning for about an hour. Mostly they are in the back yard, but sometimes they end up out front. Our yard isn't fenced.

Last Tuesday, before Shasta got sick in the extremely troubling sort of way, they were out playing and somehow ended up in the front yard just as a UPS truck pulled up at the end of our driveway.

Shasta was off leash and dashed out to the end of the driveway and right up the steps into the UPS truck! The driver was in the back, retrieving the package he was delivering. Can you imagine what was going through his head when he turned around and saw that a big, rambunctious German Shepherd had made her way into his truck?

Shasta makes a big scary show when she's on leash and people approach, but when she's off leash and approaches on her own, she's a big, fluffy marshmallow. Thankfully, because most people find her rather intimidating when she all hackles and barking.

Anyway, the UPS driver was a good sport and helped her find her ball, which she'd dropped when she got into the truck and - surprise! - there was a person inside. Shasta was a little disappointed that she had to get out of the truck, rather than go bye-bye.

·
Registered
485 Posts
That is too cute! My girl LOVES our UPS guy - she knows exactly which pocket he keeps the milk bones in :) He is also K9/PPD/SAR trainer and owns Kokoda's uncle (an amazing SAR/protection dog)

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Great story! I'll bet he didn't know what to do when that big dog just jumped right into his truck!

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great story! I'll bet he didn't know what to do when that big dog just jumped right into his truck!
I know, right? Apparently the driver has good nerves, though, and a high threshold, lol!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
LMAO! Love it! Betcha he had the best story for the delivery day! also kinda makes you wonder if he'll be your regular delivery driver too. After all!!! He made a friend!!!

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
That's too cute! I can only imagine what the UPS guy was thinking when he saw Shasta in his truck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts