German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Valor earned his BH. He did great! His focus on my face during his competition heel was not as on pointe as it usually is. I think I made him do it with no reward until the end like 3 times over 2 weeks before the trial made him bored. He made a lot of eye contact and stayed with me the whole time, he usually doesn't break eye contact though and he did during the trial.

I'll tell you what though, he certainly passed the temperament test big time. Another dog broke their long down and charged him during his recall from down to me. Valor juked and did a little shake and bake to avoid him and them steamed it right to me. Did.not.engage. Good boy :) Didn't get pics yet, willpost when I do.

·
Super Moderator
32,154 Posts
Great job, congrats!

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks again all, was particularly proud of him when he handled getting jumped by the dog that broke long down and continued his drill to me:) He will never be sporty or flashy, and our rear end awaerness is the worst lol But he is a good working dog. Very handler bonded/sensitive. He is a thinker/calculator. We are trying to build a bit more independence in him now. He learned the bite pattern in the protection portion. He knows when he is going to be asked to out, so he does it automatically lo...like NO! They are going to think you came off the sleeve because you DID without being told! His Revier and Long bite is great. He takes stick hits really well. Nice and quiet on the sleeve, great full bites. He just KNOWS after the helper is asked out of the blind we go through a pattern of OB and outs. So we are back to basics on that. Such a process, never thought I would get this into it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts