German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.. this may have already been discussed here, but I cannot find it. My male GSD is 4 and my female Czec German Shepherd is 2 1/2. When my female (Chloe) came home to live with us she was only 8 weeks old, so my male (Brendan) was "the boss". He really took her under his wing just like a big brother, it was amazing. BUT NOW.... seems like my male doesn't really want to be boss anymore, he has become quite docile. If he doesn't feel well; like needs to vomit, yelps if he hurts his leg or even burps for that matter...my female aggressively goes after him!!! It is the strangest thing. I have broken up so many fightes between them now and they were so inseparable for so long. If he shows ANY sign of weakness...she charges for him. What is going on??? I have reached out to a behaviorist, but I have not heard back yet. Please help.

Tara

·
Super Moderator
2,856 Posts
I would have the male vetted right away. See if there is any underlying medical problem.

Aside from that, I wouldn't allow one dog to bully another. If you can't stop this yourself, I would separate them when you can't immediately supervise them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts