German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
S o my pup is a picky eater. I fought with him for months on all sorts of food before finally switching to a raw diet. Which he loves! I dont fight him and he eats all of his food. We're both happy! However he has a few issues - mainly that his pasterns are down. When we went to the vet, she blamed the diet and I took him off of it. Im fighting him with eating again, he only eats about half of what he needs (while on orijen) despite adding canned food. I want to go back to raw but I hate that my vet (shes an awesome vet and my favorite around here) Is anti raw. Is raw bad for his down pasterns problem or better? I dont know and I was kind of wanting to get some advice on It.

Also a note that we also get acupuncture done on him once or twice a month as well as lots of swimming and beach walking. I want the best for him, but I feel like having only her ( my vets ) opinion is backing me Into a wall...

Thanks in advance for any replies.

·
Registered
27,250 Posts
If you researched and feed a quality raw diet, your vet should have nothing to argue about...if you aren't feeding balanced meat/bone/organs then there would be cause for the vet to scrutinize what you feed.
And raw is not bad for his down pasterns...as long as you know how to feed it properly.
If you want to invest in consult, Monica Segal can set up a diet specific for your dog, it may help with the structural issues he's having.

[email protected] is worth joining too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts