German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Molly is about a week in heat and we noticed her vulva is very very swollen about the size of a half a tennis ball. Is this normal to get so swollen:confused:
And she is continuously licking her self

Sorry I am a man and have 0 experience in this kinda stuff:eek::eek:

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Quite normal. Walk her through a dog show and watch people go O.O!!!!!

·
2,967 Posts
Super normal. Wish I could have gotten you a picture of Anka just last week. It was like the size of my fist. And with the way her pigment works, she has a black vulva in the middle of her fluffy white butt. Super Cute. I've actually had someone ask when we were planning on neutering our dog.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Very normal. We just got out of Ava's first heat cycle. I had no idea they swell like that. And Ava's markings are a light fluffy butt with the black girly parts so it really was obvious! I think they lick themselves alot to keep themselves clean.

Ava was in heat for 4 weeks but only bled for a week and a half. She only licked alot while she was bleeding and not so much the rest of the time.

·
Registered
664 Posts
lol, Well, I'm a woman and don't have any experience with this, either, but I'm glad you're going through it first, as it's gonna happen over here one of these days!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
sounds normal. might i suggest doggie diapers?

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts