German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this link on Facebook and I think it's absolutely worth sharing, especially for those of us who travel a lot with our dogs to training etc.

From Facebook:
"Wanted to share this great suggestion to keep on your dog's crate while traveling. In case of emergency, there are instructions inside that if possible leave the dog in the crate to transport, contact information, room for meds if the dog is on them, notice that all vet expenses with be covered, etc. It's simply PVC pipe with end caps."

I keep an emergency sheet in my house and have the template for anyone interested as well (except I have no idea how to upload a Word doc). I'll be filling out a new one for the crate now too.

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
That's a great idea, but I don't travel with crates in the car, only car harnesses. It wouldn't hurt to have one on the crate though...hmmm

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
I was thinking it would probably be good to have maybe in the glove compartment? Or at least somewhere in the car.
True, they do have their tags on their collars but it wouldn't hurt to have a extra copy with me in case their collars were lost or damaged. Thanks for the idea!

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Love this idea, will be doing it! I have this info and copies of relevant paperwork (rabies cert, pedigrees etc) plus current photos (front and side, body and head) in a binder that is in the door pocket. Just in case.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts