German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

New to the forums but have been reading a lot. I have searched this topic but am looking for specific answers.
I will be going to Europe in May and have a long haired GSD reserved there. She will be about 12-13 weeks when I bring her back to the US. I will be traveling on the same flight and the dog will be in the cargo/baggage area leaving Frankfurt through GK pet shipping (this will be a non stop flight).
My main concerns are:

1) If I am a passenger, where do I pick up the dog once I pass through customs? Where do I bring all of the paperwork etc? (I want to pick the pup up asap so she has minimal stress)

2) The center for disease control (CDC) has a owner quarantine agreement for rabies vaccination, which I understand. Although GK sent me "USA guidelines" stating that if the dog is not vaccinated, they will need copies of mother's pet passport plus proof that is the mother of the pup. Does anyone have experience with this? How do I 'prove' she is the mother?

3) Can anyone that has done this before let me know exactly what I need?

Any feedback for GK or suggestions, comments are appreciated. I want to be ready. If I am missing anything please tell me! :)

Thanks for your time in advance.

·
Registered
710 Posts
It depends on how the dog is being shipped, either as excess baggage on your ticket, or as cargo arranged by GK. I suspect it is cargo because you said GK has arranged it, but GK should tell you where to pick up the puppy. When I picked up a puppy being shipped overseas as cargo, I had to go to the airline's cargo facility which was not in the passenger terminal area. And being at Newark, was quite a long ways from the terminal. My puppy was ready one hour after the plane landed. You will probably still be going through customs and baggage pickup. :)

GK should have all the paperwork ready for you so it will be very easy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts