German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm not sure if I should be posting this in this forum... but with Niko and his allergies, gastro issues etc.... I was hoping to ask others if they are using or have used any type of Immune Supplement. Vitamins/Minerals etc.

Niko is raw fed... we started back up in Sept. and his allergies are ok... not horrendous, but he is still itchy on his paws, butt and stomach/groin area. It's inhallant too, so I was hoping to try once again something else to see if it would maybe help him.

I was going to give Mega-C a try again... although I'm not sure if it's enough of what I need. I need something that doesn't have lots of other ingredients... I try to stay basic with him. I have actually thought of trying Nzymes again (tried those way back... but he also had secondary skin infections)... not sure they really helped since I took him off of them after a couple of months.

Any suggestions for me to check out would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you
Tanja

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you... I have tried Berte's Digestion blend... and was thinking about trying that one again. At the time I used the Digestion blend before... Niko's allergies had gotten worse... we were feeding kibble too. So, I just kind of stopped everything to try and figure out if something he was eating was bothering him.

It's on my list to look at again alonge with Mega-C and Nzymes. I need to choose one, just incase he has a major allergy flare-up.

Thank you
Tanja

·
Registered
682 Posts
Thank you... I have tried Berte's Digestion blend... and was thinking about trying that one again. At the time I used the Digestion blend before... Niko's allergies had gotten worse... we were feeding kibble too. So, I just kind of stopped everything to try and figure out if something he was eating was bothering him.

It's on my list to look at again alonge with Mega-C and Nzymes. I need to choose one, just incase he has a major allergy flare-up.

Thank you
Tanja
They have another formula.....a vitamin formula maybe? I'll have to check.

You said his alergies got worse while on the blend? Ughhhh not good, how was his stools if you don't mind me asking? That is the main reason I am getting it. I did notice that after a week of boiled chicken and rice she is starting to itch like a crack addict. I want add stuff back slowly but when I was giving salmon oil, she hardly scratched at all so I would like to go back to it.

Don't take my word for it because I am a newb when it comes to the food and feeding stuff, you may want to give Lisa T or Lauri a PM and see what they have to say.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts