German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all,

I'm trying to find an image I've seen online (possibly here or on reddit) that shows the healthy weight/proportions for a GSD. One view was directly above the dog, showing an hourglass type shape going wide at the ribs, to narrow, then wide again towards the hips. The diagram also mentioned how seeing ribs is a good thing, and indicates a healthy weight (which I think I would agree with).

What is the best way to tell if your dog is at a healthy weight and has good proportions?

Thanks!

EDIT: NM, found it! I'll post the link below so anyone interested can reference it.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
For future reference, the image you're thinking of is easy to find by googling "canine body condition score." There are hundreds of version of it, but they'are all pretty much the same info. I think Royal Canin has a version with a GSD on it. Some vets have it on the wall in a large poster format.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Really no need to make that comment though. I was able to find the imagine and linked it here, so why would I need "future reference" to find this image? And obviously I didn't realize there were hundreds of versions of the image, otherwise I wouldn't have asked here :)

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Thanks. Really no need to make that comment though. I was able to find the imagine and linked it here, so why would I need "future reference" to find this image? And obviously I didn't realize there were hundreds of versions of the image, otherwise I wouldn't have asked here :)
These threads last for decades and links get broken. The one you posted also had a strange redirect notice. My post wasn't for, but for others as the thread ages. No worries, I'll stay out of your threads --- enjoy your time here! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts