German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We recently bought her (3days ago actually) and we were just wondering whether she was a long hair or not. I'm happy either way but would love to get some opinions on the matter. This is my first post here so hopefully I put it in the proper sub.

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
We recently bought her (3days ago actually) and we were just wondering whether she was a long hair or not. I'm happy either way but would love to get some opinions on the matter. This is my first post here so hopefully I put it in the proper sub.
Looks long hair to me, she's also very cute.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Eva is short hair and she didn’t have that much fluffy fur on her chest, legs, paws. Although she’s my first shepherd so I’m not too experienced with that. But that’s the only reason I think she looks long hair

·
Registered
233 Posts
This is Daisy, who's long haired as a small puppy. I also have Ellie who's plush. Daisy has a silky coat now she has her adult coat, very fluffy ears but a completely different coat from Ellie, who while also longer haired has an undercoat. I didn't know the difference til I had Daisy. She's not super long haired (yet) but she has really long ear fluff. She has no undercoat to speak of. I haven't got any really recent pictures, this next picture is from Nov, she's now 7 months old exactly, born on Mother's Day.
Ellie's the red sable on the left.

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yeah, from looking at other pictures it looks like a short coat. Sorry! Like I said, I don’t have much experience with different puppies

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Stock coat. What did your breeder tell you?
She didnt seem super knowledgeable tbh. They had the parents on site and showed me their papers and hers. She's not registered with akc or anything but this is also my first GSD and I didnt even think to ask that question. I'm ok with either way as I love her to death. Never really been around GSD puppies before so over past few days I've been looking at her fur and it seemed fluffier and longer than some pics I've seen of others.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the replies everyone!! I'm glad to be a part of this site and to finally have one of my dream dog breeds since I was 8. Guess we will find out as she gets older. Other than a few people it seems the general consensus is stock coat.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts