German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No I didn't let Roxie give the Muslim kid a face wash again,

After dinner I took Erika, Roxie and my assistant trainer Brian to the small park around the corner from us, it has a kids playground, a baseball diamond and a tennis court. Today a club team was playing on the diamond which I usually use for training and such so I ask one of the spectators how much longer were they going to keep the field. I was told a couple more hours at least. I was a little miffed, imagine, some people playing baseball on MY field. So I decided to use the playground for awhile. I called Erika and Roxie out of the van and I immediately started to do an agility run on the empty playground: up the steps, down the slides, thru the chutes, jumps over the teeter totter and fast downs on the table. Not really all that impressive to an Agility person but to the people that were suppose to be watching the game it was. I didn't notice I got and audience til half way thru the ad hoc course. Well I just couldn't let it go at that, I sent the girls back to the van and had Brian hide the balls in he playground area then call the bad girls out to search for the balls which they found quickly, by this time all twenty some spectators were looking at me, Brian and the girls. I put them in a down and walked over to the tennis course and waited a full minute then I called them over and they shot like a rocket over to the courts. At the courts I had Erika do some retrieves over the net that I was working on for the last three days and she pulled it off and I'm sure it would of got enough points in a Sch trial, a little chewing but good as far as I'm concerned. After all that and a water break we went to the stands I and I started talking to the ball players' girl friends and letting them pet Erika and Roxie as well as talk about dog training, Of course by this time the players started to notice that nobody was watching the game and I felt the presence of the evil eye so I figured I did enough entertaining and irritating for one day and went home before the players got off the field.

·
Registered
12,829 Posts
Oh so you're the reason that muslim mom says her son is afraid of dogs? (so afraid he's smiling and squeeking Doggie Doggie)

Good job with your girls. It's nice to show off all the hard work, isn't it? I did that myself today at the playground with good will ambassador Morgan. Soaking wet and stinking like low tide in the upper bay, still very happy to kiss the toddlers.

·
Registered
12,829 Posts
Or in my case watching endless reruns of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. I've been getting my oldest into watching shows like Mega Movers and The Universe so atleast my brain doesn't decay any further than it already has.

·
Registered
12,829 Posts
I like that too, should record it for them. My boys are very into anything with power equipment. They're boys..

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
nice story. was the Muslim kid afraid of Roxie when she was licking him or was his mother afraid?? my dog loves children. once we were in the park and some of us stopped to talk. this lady stopped to talk because she knew someone in the bunch. she had a child in a carriage (he was 3 or 5 yrs. old). Loki was off the leash playing with a puppy who was on the leash. all of a sudden Loki turns and starts licking the little boy in the face. before i could do anything she turned the carriage away from Loki and calmly said "oh, he's afraid". i look down and the little boy was laughing. i said to her "you're gong to make him afraid". sometimes when the adults shy-up the children can pick up on that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts