German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i had this problem with my dog in the past 6 months he always itches himself. i took him to the vet and checked him out gaved me bendryl didne't work, i went again took trymdol which is stronger and it didne't work either, frontline.. etc !. i changed his diet and its the same thing more than 3 type of foods. and i see changes these days in my body . i started to itch my self alot and my eyes too. i went to the doctor and he told me u have eczema and it might be from the dog. any one can help me out i relly dont want to get rid of him.

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
did they do a skin scraping on the dog for mange? could be sarcoptic mange..mange is basically little mites, they drive a dog crazy, fur loss, humans can also get sarcoptic mange tho I'm told the mites like dogs better than humans..

·
Premium Member
16,941 Posts
I don't think that people can get eczema from their dog? Unless it is an allergic reation to your dog?

Try supplementing with Fish oil for your dog, you can give him between 1000 to 4000 mgs of Salmon oil capsules. Vets and pet stores also sell nutritional oil supplements for dogs, and I know people who use those with good results. Expect to have to wait a few weeks to see an improvement.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
You can't get eczema from your dog but you can get scabies. Like someone else asked, has your dog been checked or treated for mange?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts