German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Thursday I found my 10 month old bitch and my five year old male in the pasture at our house dead. I am devastated. They were both Great dogs. The bitch was showing potential to become a really great dog, maybe the best puppy I have ever raised. The male was a great obedience dog and would do anything I ask. I am very sad. I cannot imagine losing two dogs in one day.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Oh my gosh...what happened...so sorry for your loss. I just can imagine how sad I would be..

·
Registered
168 Posts
My thoughts are with you and I am sure your lovely GSD's are running together in the sunny pastures up above. So sad and I am so sorry!

Do you have any idea what happened? Trespasser's hunting where they should not of been?

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Oh my goodness! I am so sorry for the loss of both of your dogs!

How absolutely heartbreaking! :teary:

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
So sorry for you and your family. Wonder what happened? What a terrible thing to have to go through.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Grove, sorry I hear of this to often here in OK. . Was it a neighbor rancher?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you to everyone! I don't know for certain, but our thought is a pack of dogs/coyotes. There were no bullet holes. That is what our vet thought also. i'm glad it wasn't a neighbor/rancher. My dogs are always on our 60 acres and they are usually close. I feel sooo bad, it was my job to protect them, just like they protect me. I am just heartbroken!!!

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Thank you to everyone! I don't know for certain, but our thought is a pack of dogs/coyotes. There were no bullet holes. That is what our vet thought also. i'm glad it wasn't a neighbor/rancher. My dogs are always on our 60 acres and they are usually close. I feel sooo bad, it was my job to protect them, just like they protect me. I am just heartbroken!!!
That is so sad. :(

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
So sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I am so very sorry. Try not to blame yourself. They had such a wonderful home, doing exactly what dogs love to do.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts