German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, you may or may not have heard my little tyrant rant about my favorite vet leaving the hospital.
I just got in touch with him and he's practicing a ferry ride away ... =(
Although he told me to feel free and call him at the hospital anytime, I'm still going to miss him! (my mom thinks hes the hottest thing since toast, hilarious)
I would literally bring my notebook everytime we went to the vet and he would explain things in depth for me so I understood better and so I could research them. He gave me his mobile number just incase I ever feel the need to call him in an emergency for an opinion.
His close friend is my current vet. I wish they were more alike!
However, I can't help but wonder what went on and why he left.
I do know of some vet clinics in the area that abuse animals. I never feel 100% comfortable with my animals in somebody elses care at wherever unless I have worked there.
Ah well, I can't have everything my way!

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Sorry about your vet moving! I had something like that happen. The vet I really liked left the clinic I was going to... She left because the clinic was bought by VCA and she didn't want to work for a big corporation. The clinic went downhill after that. There were already problems even before the switch, like I always had to wait 45 min to an hour after my appointment time and vets (usually ones I liked) kept leaving the practice. Unfortunately I didn't know where she moved to, I just called to make an appt. one day and they said she didn't work there anymore. Luckily for me I eventually ran into someone who used to work there and they gave me the vet's email address so I was able to follow her to a new place. Then last year she opened up her own clinic so I go there now.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
I understand your disappointment, my dog's physical therapist was let go due to shortage of hours/funds, both my boy and I were very upset, the new person that has taken over the water therapy just isn't the same at all.

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
When you learn to trust a vet and have to move or they move it is hard to find another to care for your animals.

When we moved from KY to OR in 2003 we left Dr. Taylor, we still miss him, he was the best vet we had ever had. Dr. Down in OR was pretty good but was not Dr. Taylor. Dr. Ferrell in OK is very good - but he is not Dr. Taylor.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Even worse, I talked to one of the girls that used to work there and relocated to another hospital..
He got fired for over-charging customers =(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts