German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This looks like an awesome forum! A little about myself...my name is Sarah and I'm a dog trainer/groomer as well as horse trainer. I currently own 1 Standard Poodle and should be getting my GSD in about 4 months! I'm so excited I have ALWAYS wanted a GSD and can't wait! I hope hubby approves! :) I have a passion and love for all animals. I also breed tarantulas as a side hobby...check out my webpage Welcome to Facebook. I'm looking forward to sharing my love with others

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Welcome to the forum! What a unique hobby-breeding tarantulas. I tell you I could not do that one as I am terrified of spiders.:eek: You're brave.

Anyway, this is a great place to get the info you need to prepare for your GS puppy. We all want to see pictures when you get your puppy! Good luck on your search.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats to you for your impending family addition ! Tarantulas ? Geez they're so plentiful in Texas, I couldn't imagine breeding them. :eek:

·
Registered
987 Posts
Welcome! Don't forget the pictures of your puppy when you get him!

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts
Welcome to the forum...

Who's your breeder what 'flavor' of GSD are you going with???

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Hello and Welcome! :welcome:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow! Thank you for all your replies. So far I have found a breeder not far from me (feel free to check out their website and tell me what you think - German Shepherds By VonLakes) and they are breeding their female with the puppies eligible to go home around mid may. I was looking for a large black/red sable but i'm not sure if they have sables in this litter coming up and I'm all ready so excited I don't think I could wait much longer! Color is not too important anyway...I'm looking for temperment as I've got big plans for my little guy. I plan to train in obedience/protection, CGC certification, as well as some agility but we'll see on that one. Right now I've been training my S. Poodle in obedience with plans to show in it next summer. (I have experience showing horses, but not dogs) I'm sooooo excited. Can't wait to hear what you all think!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
HORSEGIRL:

I would love to see a picture of your Ch spider. LOL seriously what a curious hobby, do breed them to sell to homes or????
Right now it's just a side hobby where I sell to my friends and go to trade shows to sell to other tarantula lovers, I'm also apart of a tarantula forum that I can sell/trade with others...hopefully one day I might own a little store or something... Amazingly it is quite a popular hobby, just not around me! Go figure :). I use to be afraid of spiders (and still am a little) until my hubby brought our first T home...I bet he's regretting that now LOL!!! I wasn't sure which picture you'd like to see, so here's a few!

Nhandu Chromatus - 7inch legspan

Avicularia Avicularia - 4.5 inch legspan

Avicularia Versicolor Juvie-about the size of a half dollar

Poecilotheria Regalis Juvie- he's about the size of a quarter now

Chromatopelma Cyeanapubescent Juvie- about the size of a penny

Tucker James - my S. Poodle

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Cool pics!!! :welcome: and :toasting:

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Welcome!!

I can't wait to see pictures of your puppy!

I never want to see pictures of your tarantulas though, spiders seriously wig me out!

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
After looking at those pictures I probably won't be able to sleep tonight. :)

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Welcome and thats very cool about the tarantulas! I use to have some as pets years ago and even my grandmother had one.LOL
I use to breed African Praying Mantis in my younger years. Glad to have you here!

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
I love your poodle, the spiders.......... not so much, I have a horrible case of the ickies now. :(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts