German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm here because I want another German Shepherd. I've had a purebred long-haired bitch, Lady Guenevere of AmBrit called Gretchen, and a shelter bitch named Queenie, Shepherd/Collie mix. Both wonderful dogs. I have a Chow mix named Buster Brown, a stray, and 4 cats. I would like to adopt from the local shelter so I'm registered with petfinders.com. I live in Florida near the "Big O". I'm retired from Ma Bell and live at the end of a rural country lane. I attend the local Baptist Church and am active in the music ministry. I enjoy reading the classics, listening to good music, and watching old movies. I support pro-life politicians, and don't support tax increases.

John 3:16

·
Registered
10,225 Posts
I'm also in the area, work with computers, live in a 'burb in the middle of nowhere, am not religious, support pro-choice (but hate the pub/dem labels and parties as they currently are), enjoy industrial and synthpop music, watching new movies, and wholeheartedly applaud your choice in dogs.

That's the one great thing about this board. So many different walks of life, so many mindsets and creeds and lifestyles, so many schools of thought on raising and training a dog, and yet we all share a common love for dogs but most especially the German shepherd dog. Welcome aboard, and post some pics of your pets! Have you checked out the area German shepherd rescues? They are all overflowing with GSDs so please do consider checking them out in addition to the shelters.

·
Registered
15,975 Posts
Well, I have dogs, am pro choice myself, have a tin ear and have voted for all but two measures to increase taxes (yours, mine, theirs) on the all too many elections that I have voted in. My other points of controversy are advocating purely positive training for dogs and additional funky commie pinko liberal political ideas -- and being an atheist.
The board does pretty well when it sticks to discussing dogs, praising one another's photographs of one another's great GSDs and helping one another with doggie health issues. As you can tell, we can get into a bit vigorously when we discuss polictics or religion.
Glad you can join us.

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
Re: I'm here because I want another German Shepher

Oh...welcome...and I am pretty much in line with the last poster...maybe a little further left.
Don't worry though there are plenty of people with your views on here too! But we all LOVE the shepherds!

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Re: I'm here because I want another German Shepher

Welcome to another floridian. Yup we may not agree on much around here, except on the greatest breed of dogs around.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts