German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My nephew is down visiting my sister from Denver (where he works). He came over last night to visit me. He is pushing 21 and really an overall good kid. But he is in that stage in life where he has to compare everything he has to everything you have. Like, why his Chevy is better than my Ford. Why his roping horse is better than my reining horse..etc. etc.

We were all sitting in the kitchen talking and I had Hondo sitting by me at a stay.

The conversation turned to a friend of my nephew who's mother trains dogs. He said that she could train Hondo to attack on command. I said there isn't any reason for it - and so he said that I just knew I couldn't train Hondo to attack on command.....(oh...see...he was just asking for it).

I told Hondo again to stay, and I got up and walked into the kitchen (Hondo is on super alert now, because he thinks I'm going outside). I told the nephew to come stand ...right here...(just behind me..still towards the door). And I tell nephew - when I give him the word, do not move...do not lift your hands...do not give eye contact...don't do anything. Now nephew is getting a little nervous and looks at me... I turn towards Hondo, who is waiting with baited breath..he thinks we are all going outside..and I give him the command..."Vossenglossen!" (I totally made up a word that sounded semi German, but I raised both hands which is his 'release' sign) and Hondo leaps up and makes a mad dash towards the door. Of course he would have to pass the nephew who now makes a little girl gasping sound....and I snatch Hondo by the collar and tell him 'NEIN!" Hondo stops dead, but very disappointed.

I know that was very bad of me. BAD! LILIE! BAD! I didn't let on to the nephew what was really happening. Maybe one day I will...but not one day soon.

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
:rofl:

Love it!

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I bet he'll think twice about comparing your stuff to his again. well...maybe not lol

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
:rofl: Oh he so asked for it!

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Did your nephew have an "accident"?

·
Registered
410 Posts
:wild: HAHAHA! And I love the made up word! You crack me up!

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
too funny-I busted out laughing when I read this!

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
ROFLMAO! I love it! I bet he thinks twice about commenting on the dog's training again.

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
oh my god, how did you even do that and keep a straight face??? I would have been laughing my butt off especially making up the "german word" LOL

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
:rofl: I mean, :nono: on you Lillie!!! Haha, served the little punk right!

·
Registered
627 Posts
That is awesome! Too funny!:toasting: :rofl:

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Farfegnugen

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Farfegnugen

Now i wanna watch Eurotrip!!!!

Lillie.... shame shame shame..... on him!!!! i totally would have done the same thing! Maybe he'll stop chewing on his feet now comparing everything.

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
that's hilarious and genius. never tell your nephew the truth
then again telling him makes for another laugh and story.

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
my GF is in bed (with the dog). i had to tell her
what you did. she let out the loudest laugh.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts