German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are things one would expect from a top competition breeding? How would the puppy's energy level be? How would you house the puppy ? Every little thing you can think of would be good. The more info the better.

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
What are things one would expect from a top competition breeding? How would the puppy's energy level be? How would you house the puppy ? Every little thing you can think of would be good. The more info the better.

This depends on the individual dogs being bred. Not the titles the dogs achieved.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I assume the breeder would be the best way to find these things out? So how does one prepare for a top competitive puppy?

·
Registered
32,588 Posts
Well, I have a son of a world champion laying on the floor next to me. And a daughter of an FCI Bundesseiger laying next to him.

Two very different energy levels. Very different dogs.

Don't overthink this. :) Just enjoy your puppy. Train the puppy as he/she needs to be trained.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I still have Luna and I am going to just let it go where it goes but I am asking for future knowledge.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I think the more important question is what you want from the dog, just speaking from anecdotal experience. Do you care more about sport titles and having a dog that will excel? Or do you care more about what happens off the field?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts