German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

Some people may think I'm crazy, but I'm seriously considering having a session with an animal communicator. I'm curious, I can't say one way or the other that I believe in them or not, but I cannot discount the fact that there just may be people out there who *can* communicate with animals.

I've started a list of my own questions and I would love to hear like one or two things from each person willing to take the time to reply - if you could ask your dog questions and he/she could actually answer you in language you could understand, what questions would you ask your dog? I'm hoping someone will jog my brain to other things I'd like to know but haven't thought of yet.

I would also take suggestions for what communicator you would suggest I make my appointment with. From what I understand, this does not have to be a personal one-on-one but can be done over the phone. I'm leaning towards a personal session though, not quite believing this can be done over the phone and I'm pretty sure I'd rather see this person do their thing and be in the same room vs. a voice over the phone. If you've already participated in a session, what's your take on that? My skeptisism is showing here, I know.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
Honestly? I think 99% of them are frauds, I would say 100% but nothing is 100% I guess. I don't believe anyone can talk to you on the phone and read what your dog is thinking. I find them and what they do disgusting. Not the people who go to them, please don't be offended, but I find the "readers" or whatever they call themselves, frauds and I am disgusted that they do what they do and possibly even hurt people and animals in the process. I can only imagine people calling them in the middle of a crisis or trying to make a decision about their dogs well-being and putting them in the hands of some fraud who claims to have powers that they don't have.

If I COULD talk to my dogs, I would ask them what I could do to make them happier? What foods would they like to have? I would ask Urro if going on walks was worth it to him or is the pain not worth it?

·
Registered
27,206 Posts
I would like to know about Kacies past, who was her breeder and why anyone would give her up and then why the next "owner" abandoned her~ was she a chained up outside dog at that time?
I think for any dog with an unknown past, this would help to re-hab them if they are carrying negative baggage.

I agree w/ Tammy, most of the human psychics are frauds. There may be some that communicate, but they know how to manipulate the conversation and tell you what you want to hear, even though you just gave them information unknowingly.
And they feed off the emotions of those that are suffering.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I too think most are frauds ( I am a skeptic)
I just believe that if we take the time to listen we can know our own dogs better than anyone else. i would ask Benny what i can do to make him happier and what I do that may confuse him. I would ask if he understands why certain things are not allowed, like barking at 5 am, when it is allowable later in the day at playtime. I would ask why he finds the cat box so irresistible and what would make a healthier substitute of equal value.

I would ask him if he has a sense of humor and what makes him laugh.

·
Registered
24,301 Posts
Re: if your dog could talk - what would you ask hi

I just posted about a communicator in SuzyE's thread "guilt" in preparing to say goodbye section.

I've used one. I went to see his presentation and really felt like yeah, this makes sense, being open to the possibility, talking to them instead of just commanding, lots of stuff like that. At the same time, Bruno was having some real weird problems-hiding in the dining room under a chair for hours. I decided to contact the guy.

He talked to Kramer and Bella and didn't say anything out of the ordinary. Things that seemed accurate, but nothing earth shattering. But with Bruno, he told me about the conditions he came from (puppy mill) really messing up his mind and body. That he needed to get some help, or it could shorten his life. He suggested acupuncture, three sessions later, Bruno was active, playful, and happy. I still keep an eye on his moods and adjust accordingly when he goes in a funk. No matter whether he just said that because it would work, Bruno was better.

Sounds crazy I know! But he would say things he could never know. Bella asked me why I kept asking her to sit up straight, which I did in obedience classes on sit stays.
Talked about Mariele laying on the couch waiting to be waited on by me.
When Karen had Annalise in VA, I gave her his name and she used her for Anna and I continued on and feel it helped quite a bit.

We did most by phone, and I kind of like that because they can't see/have an idea about what the dog is like by their body language, but he also came to my house once and the dogs were all over him in a way they aren't with other people ever. They all wanted their turn to talk. After we were done, they were either wild, or very calm.

I think it's just like counselors, you have to find one you click with and trust.

I always asked if there was something they wanted to ask or tell me. I tried to keep my questions open ended to get the most out of a reply. If things like the vet office were upsetting to them, I'd try to work it out and honestly, it worked. I don't know, I can't explain it and I am sure it sounds woo-woo, but it worked so many times and so consistently well, I won't deny it.

I think she is considered one of the leaders of the pet communication idea: http://www.animaltalk.net/ and the two that I know of who have been really accurate studied with her.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
365 Posts
i also think readers are just a bunch of ppl preying on others and just making easy money,any trainer can read a dogs body language and let you know in general how your pet is feeling at the moment.
but if it where possible i would ask Duke how the heck does he get out of his bedroom when i shut the door tight? so i can prevent it .and the second question would be just to ask him how he feels about a bed and would he chew a new one up or not...lol oh ,and if he is happy living with me ...

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
jean, that is interesting!!
Id like to ask Neek if he misses his kids, hes a rescue and 4 yr old. Sometimes I think when he hears kids outside he feels sad. But you know how we tend to project human feelings on them so it might be my imagination.
I was told Neek lived with kids so I always wonder if he misses them.
I would also like to ask him where he got the scar on his nose.

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Not crazy. This question comes up once in a while.

I use animal communicators. I also can communicate with my animals myself to some extent. It's much more difficult to communicate with your own animals because you think you are making it up. I've taken a seminar and have been amazed at what I've gotten from other's animals!

AC is not recieved in words alone. It can be words, pictures, smells, feelings. It depends on the dog somewhat. And I've received information in all these manners at the seminar I took and in my practicing with other dogs. One little dog gave me a scene and a feeling of walking down the street in the dark with all the ominous feeling of trees closing in on him and communicated the evil forest in the Wizard of Oz. I thought this was so unique I asked an online friend to see what she got, not giving her any clues. She said the dog felt like it was in the Land of Oz.

Pick your questions based on what you want to know about your dog. You need to ask questions for some dogs, because animals aren't as chatty as people. LOL! Ask him what his favorite X's are. Favorite doggie friend, favorite food, place to sleep. Ask him if there is anything he wants you to change. Places he would like to go or activities he would like to do more often.

You might not be surprized to know that your dog understands what you say. I had 2 obedience trials last weekend. Before going into the ring I told Balto a couple of times to remember to stay at my side. Well, the judge told me what a good heeler he was that day. However, he forgot to sit when we stopped. He did not sit once on the heel on leash! So, the next day I told him to stay at my side and to sit when we stopped. He did not miss one sit! This will work in your daily life with your dog also. But there is one key thing. This is VERY important. Do not use negatives in your statements. These are words like NO or DON'T. For example, I told Balto stay at my side, I didn't tell him not to wander. The negatives aren't communicated, so if I told him the later he would think I wanted him to wander.

Okay, so I got carried away. I hope I answered most of your question. Keep in mind that even the best AC is only correct 80% of the time. My readings are over the phone with a woman in Indianapolis. There are plenty around the country, ask around for recommendations in your area.

Oh, one more thing. My very first AC reading was not for any particular reason, Mary does the reading and then does a body scan on the dog too look for illnesses. She scanned my girl and found a bone chip the size of a grain of rice in her elbow. I knew she had a limp in that leg that was intermittent, so I took her to the ortho surgeon. The x-ray showed a fracture, but it was too difficult to see a chip. I okayed the surgery and that bone chip is sitting in a jar in my cabinet today. And my girl is a new dog and so much more happier!

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
All you who don't believe. I don't blame you. And you would probably never ever get enough information to really "believe". That's okay.

I wanted to have an open mind for my first reading. Some of it could easily be made up. Other stuff was too close. I started reading more and learned myself so now I have no choice but to believe.

My female talks to me in words. She's a sassy thing. Like a teenage girl. She thinks she beautiful and thinks she can do whatever she wants. LOL! One evening it was time to go upstairs. Ciana always likes to be first, but this night she ran up the stairs past Balto and when she reached the top I heard a very distinct, "I WIN!!!"

Balto never talks to me in words. I call him my hypno-dog. One lazy day I was laying on the sofa very sleepy when Balto came over to my face and stared at me. I got up and went to the water bowl, which was empty and filled it as if in a trance. Turned out Balto was very thirsty. LOL!

Make sure you find an experienced AC. There are a lot out there that are just getting started. Sometimes you can tell by what they charge. My AC charges $50 for 30 minutes for a new client.

I could go on and on about what I've read and reading I've gotten. If you just want a taste of AC, go to an animal fair or a huge dog show cluster. There's always an AC at those who will do a $10 reading for 20 minutes. I always get some good information, but I can tell an expert from somebody who's still practicing.

I had somebody give a reading on Doerak a couple of weeks after he crossed the bridge. The woman said he demanded healing Reiki and even complained when she was 'doing it wrong'. Then he said, "that's enough". and that was all. That is SO like Doerak. I could never read him and he, well, he was like that. He had been some sort of police dog before I got him. He was not used to suburban life and it was months before he would finally come upstairs to sleep in the bedroom on longer before he would sleep on a pillow. He gradually became used to the comforts of living in a real home instead of a kennel. But he was a very serious dog and only had a mind for work. No hugs, no petting, no snuggling. He was aloof but always with me and always obedient. Now I have to go.

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Originally Posted By: HAROLD Aany trainer can read a dogs body language and let you know in general how your pet is feeling at the moment.
But what if the person had never met your dog, not seen a photo of your dog and lives 500 miles away and has never even met you?

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
Ive never done this, though have been curious. I think it's like any other psychic reader. There are those who are fakes and can read you for what you want to hear - there are those who can pick up subtle clues and body language to tell you things that are eerily accurate - there are those who have a genuine gift and sense things from "somewhere"

I think most fall into the second category and I don't think that makes them "fake" as it definitely takes a skill. the last category are probably pretty rare and may even be a mix with the second. But, it's the first category that everyone remembers and gives the general population a bad taste in their mouth.

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
I think there are real communicators and fakes.I have been to a psychic and she knew stuff that couldn't be found out by anyone.

Anywho if I seeked one with Athena, I would want to know why she is so fearful.I'm getting through slowly but she has no real reason for being so deathly afraid of dogs and people.No one has ever hurt her so it makes no sense to me.That would be about it.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
During an event over the summer (Puppy Pawlooza) there was a animal communicator. My sister signed Stark up for a reading because all the money she made that day went to a local charity that we support.

Stark was about 5 months old at the time. The lady sat down with us and Stark, stroked Stark's head and asked him to shake a paw then went on with the reading.

She said that Stark was a very mellow boy who didn't ask for much and that she could see him doing a job of some sort, particularly with his nose. She said that he would be in the newspaper or on television in the next 3 years for something he would have accomplished or did using his ability to smell. Possibly finding a missing person she said. She also said that he is wiser than most puppies, he seems older, much older like he has lived before this life. She said he was desitined to come to me because I was in great need of a boy like him in my life.

She also said that he had a few things he wanted to tell me. One being that he forgot his favorite red ball at the park and that he really wanted it back (it was an orange ball that we lost at the park we go to often - I bought him a new one). The second thing he "told me" was that he enjoyed the raw lamb, it was his favorite and if he could eat that every day (he had raw lamb the week before for the first time). And the last thing he "told me" was "thank you for not picking the annoying one and noticing me" which really surprised me because I was set on choosing a female puppy at the breeders but kept noticing Stark follow me around the yard. He kept laying beside me, trying to get into my lap but not in a pushy way like the little female I was going to bring home did.

I am still not sure if I belive it, but there were things that she could not have known that she brought up.

If I could 'talk' to Stark today, I would want to know if he was truely happy? What was his favorite thing to do (Obedience, Tracking, SchH, Herding, Agility?) so we could do more of it? What I could do to make his life more fun, more happy, and more great all together? I would also want to tell him how much he means to me and how amazing I really think he is and how excited I am to watch him grow and learn.

As for Beau, my oldest, I would want to know if she is happy with her life? What we could do to make her aging more peaceful and relaxed for her? What she enjoys doing the most so we could do more of it? Also I would tell her everything I feel about her, how much I love her, how much she means to me, what she has taught me and tell her that she is the reason I will never own another breed.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I can see there are more people that don't believe than those that do, which I expected to see. I really don't know if I do or not. It's kind of like ghosts for me, I've never seen one, but I do believe they exist. If I ever meet one I hope he/she's friendly
I'm sure there are quack AC's like anything else.

I would feel it's VERY important to not give any specifics about one's dog(s) to the communicator. I would want them to come to the session "cold" and ask specific questions about my own dogs. I too, would VERY much like to know what happened to Riley before he came to live with us. We have a couple of theories and I'd love to see if an AC would match that or give us something that makes sense. I definitely do NOT want them telling me what they think I want to hear, I want TRUTH. I also don't want generalities that fit pretty much any dog, either. That's why I'm working on phrasing my questions to help avoid this.

I've heard some stories about them that are pretty darn amazing, like telling you your dog has a limp or something when you never told the AC your dog does have a limp. How would they know over the phone unless you tell them, ya know?

I don't want a trainer to tell me how my dog's feeling at the moment, I have questions that a trainer would not know the answer to as they have nothing to do with how a dog's feeling or a behavior they're displaying.

A friend of mine told me about a dog they had a session with an AC. Results were pretty cool
they followed up on things according to what the AC conveyed to them and found that the dog seemed so much happier afterward.

I'm adding to my list to ask my dogs things like what I can do to ensure their emotional happiness like what would they like for their job and activities. I also want to ask Riley to do something for me and see if he does it.

Pretty much I've come down to, at least for the one AC that was recommended to me - it's not going to cost an arm and a leg to try it once and see what happens. After reading the responses, maybe I should change my mind about an in-person session, though. Maybe it is better to do it over the phone so they can't see me or my dogs and can't be tipped off by anything that goes on in the room or any interaction between us.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Originally Posted By: JeanKBBMMMAANI think it's just like counselors, you have to find one you click with and trust.

I always asked if there was something they wanted to ask or tell me.

I think she is considered one of the leaders of the pet communication idea: http://www.animaltalk.net/ and the two that I know of who have been really accurate studied with her.

Enjoy!
Oh I really like that "anything you want to tell me" idea, that's very cool! I checked the http://www.animaltalk.net web site, this lady isn't doing sessions, but she's got a page of communicators you can review and maybe pick one there. The one near me is more pricey than the one that my friend used and since distance isn't supposed to matter, I'll look some more. JeanKBBMMMAAN if you wouldn't mind PM'ing me w/the 2 names you're familiar with and have confidence in, that would be really appreciated.

·
Registered
5,077 Posts

One question -"Paige, why do you have to be such a %$#@! ??"

·
Registered
6,495 Posts

I am skeptical but I was thinking of going to one just to see what they said. My vet has an animal communicator she uses and she also sometimes has the communicator come and do appointments for people on a weekend day, so I was thinking of giving it a try. I decided not to because of the cost though. My vet has said the communicator has told her some things that were really right-on about some of her clients pets (medical problems that were diagnosed after the communicator told them about it.)

If I could ask Bianca something and she could actually answer me I'd probably ask her what she would like to be doing (like what type of sports or classes.)

·
Super Moderator
21,368 Posts

I have used an ac with my aussie,,I went into it like this,,I had never met the woman, the woman had never met me nor my dog, she knew absolutely NOTHING about me, I wanted HER to tell me about my dog.

I did not ask specific questions, because heck they could tell you anything:)))

I told HER to tell me...I gave her no information. I have to say, I was impressed, she told me things about Jynx, that there was no way she could have known, past illness stuff and she WAS specific.

We actually went on a tv show for our second appointment and again, she told me things about jynx that there was no way she could have known,,not general things either..

So do I believe? Well I do her, but I'm sure there are alot of fakes out there:))

·
Registered
6,015 Posts

Not sure what you mean by

<span style="color: #66CCCC"><span style='font-size: 17pt'>"if your dog could talk"?</span></span>

My dogs talk... endlessly..

Seriously, they do 'communicate.'

Isn't it narrow to think that verbal communication is the only way to 'talk?'

·
Registered
2,710 Posts

TO ALL
consulting an animal communicator is high on my list along with having my palm read NOT NOT NOT
spend the money on some high level treats-sit down quietly with your dog for half an hour daily for a week and feed the treats Watch his reaction.If he shows anything other than being happy for your undivided attention---post on board many might have a better idea of how to deal with it.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts