German Shepherds Forum banner

41 - 60 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Less shedding

Less barking. Working on that. ;)

Don't think I can fix the shedding though. If I rake out any more of her coat, she's going to be naked. :eek:

·
Registered
354 Posts
I agree 100% on the lifespan!!
Also, I would make mine braver, so that they're not afraid of thunderstorms, fireworks & other loud noises. It breaks my heart to see them so scared. :(

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yes, lifespan! Felix is only 2 and I already don't know what I'll do without him!

Other than that, his shedding. His hair is EVERYWHERE!! His fear of thunderstorms. And his recall. He's getting better though. He very much has "Shiny object syndrome" during training.

·
Registered
311 Posts
His love of anything in the trashcan
Eating gravel / mulch
Barking at me / my husband
Jumping on the couch
Stealing socks :)

-these are all training lapses on our part so we are still working on them

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I wish Sib would not be so excited when she see's people--either out or coming to the house...As for the life span--I think that goes for all of us..fur and skin..

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
While I love Jazmyn to the max, there are a few things I wish were different:

- She's easily overstimulated & reactive to people & dogs (more so dogs)
- She is a mouthy little diva (I am currently sporting an arm full of bruises)
- She is not very cuddly, and enjoys her space when sleeping
THIS.
Overstimulated. Not reactive to people unless they are in my space late at night, which I appreciate.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I guess I'd also add Felix's inability to realize that he doesn't work for roadside assistance or the car inspection agency. Every time we're driving and theres someone stranded he whimpers as though we need to stop. If there are stationary cars he does a wheel well, door and trunk check free of charge. Not to mention that he barks as individuals that pass us for driving too fast. *SIGH* I love m knuckle head. Ever the worry wart!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hogging the bed every night. ....You know that feeling when you are half awake and feel like you are about to fall off a cliff.... All my Shepherds have shared the bed, but Jazzy at 5 months takes up the entire bed somehow and I end up having to get her up and repositioned so that I don't get kicked off. Guess she got too much of the snugly bug genes.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
If I could erase Pongu's fears, he would be my perfect dog. :(

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Hogging the bed every night. ....You know that feeling when you are half awake and feel like you are about to fall off a cliff.... All my Shepherds have shared the bed, but Jazzy at 5 months takes up the entire bed somehow and I end up having to get her up and repositioned so that I don't get kicked off. Guess she got too much of the snugly bug genes.
You aren't kidding, I woke up with a sore neck from sleeping wrong yesterday morning, while my dog was all sprawled out, resting comfortably! lol

I'd change my dog's health issues and her dog reactivity. I've worked so hard with her, but it just doesn't seem to get any better. I know I'm not the strongest handler, but I don't think it's supposed to be this hard. :(

41 - 60 of 164 Posts