German Shepherds Forum banner
81 - 100 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Ermm stat off with finding a big place with lots of land. Fence in the land. And of course I would have to get some kind of pool and fence that in so the little butt head Tash has her water to swim in. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/08_rolleyes.gif If no fence though deadly to her and me. I'd be up 24/7 pulling her out of it.

But anyways. Big house why? For all the GSDs to come. I wouldn't feel safe being just me in a big house. Nope a need for some GSDs. Bring in some rescues and some from good breeders for SAR.

Then everyone can drive me crazy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/07_tongue.gif But I really would like to get another GSD from working lines for SAR and then a rescue after that maybe. If things would work out.

·
Registered
486 Posts
if money were no object Ephany would see the best vet in the country and find some definate answers
then she'd have a huge fenced in yard and a another GSD as a companion.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Like many others, i would buy a bunch of land and set up a GSD rescue... no questions asked, just drop them off. They would have the best care and would be available for adoption, but they can stay as long as they want! everyone would have a fluffy mattress and plenty of squeaky toys and people to love them... Oh yeah, and I'd hire Cesar Milan to come and rehabilitate any aggressive pups who had 'untrained' owners! (I'd pay him tons of money, of course, because budgeting wouldn't matter!)

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
Sounds like most of us want the same things...
Why dont we all pitch in and buy an Island called
German Shepherd Isle... home of the GSD!!
Also known as, German Shepherds Paradise /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/05_biggrin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/05_biggrin.gif

G

·
[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like most of us want the same things...
Why dont we all pitch in and buy an Island called
German Shepherd Isle... home of the GSD!!
Also known as, German Shepherds Paradise /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/05_biggrin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/05_biggrin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

How about "Alsatian Island"? Rolls easier off the tongue. Alsatian is the other name for GSDs and is used quite a bit around the world.
I want the south beach side property of it.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I could quit my job, spend more time with a good trainer, and learn to become a trainer myself. I would have several more dogs, and a bigger house with a room built especially for them.

I would absolutly love to get into search and rescue. This is a subject I have been doing alot of research on, and will probally be something I do get into in the next year of two. From what I hear there are not many in my area.

·
Banned
2,415 Posts
I am semi-retired after 32 years with the US Treasury Department. Unfortunately I started my own small business so it does take a bit of time.

To answer your question more directly I would spend a bit more time playing and training Timber. I would also like to house a few dogs from a rescue agency, perhaps more then a few.

·
Registered
426 Posts
To honor my remaining senior boy and girl, and all who have gone before them, we will be doing the following: First, hiring the best investment/money management firm to insure that our money keeps growing for the future.

Jesse and PoPo will find that inground pool, shady and soft cabana, the finest geriatric care out there for really big, older pups and, finally, 24/7 help for mom to insure her time can be absolutely dedicated to making their golden years happy and fullfilled while working on helping alleviate as much suffering as humanly possible.

I've learned it really does take a village to save the dogs. We're building a nonprofit foundation whose sole purpose is to financially assist organizations involved in animal welfare: Independent wealth will allow us to put all our time and energy into helping build and reinforce the matrix required to stop the daily domestic animal death rate due to euth - everything from spay/neuter programs to early childhood education programs. However, a large slice of the pie will be directed to those organizations/rescues which provide assistance to people/pets in domestic violence situations second only to senior rehoming rescues after the loss/death of an owner. Another slice will go to prison training programs for shelter dogs (and probably cats) and to programs which rescue, train, and enable shelter dogs to find humans needing service animals.

We will, via our foundation, reinforce financially our favorite GSD rescues nationwide during these most difficult times when the struggle is greater than ever with an eye to the future and to hopefully see, in our lifetime, a bridging spirit of cooperation that saves even more lives. After all, there really is no limit to what can be accomplished if it does not matter who gets the credit.

We will, via our foundation, lend financial support to the research/development of an alarm system that would insure anyone transporting K9 units (military/police/private) an early warning alarm or device that would activate in the event of unplanned engine shut-off - top priority would be availability to police departments to protect K9 units in idling vehicles. Plans are to also provide a particular Mid-Atlantic state with funding for at least 3 more K9 units that are desperately needed in law/drug enforcement, along with providing funds for those neat gizmos that let law enforcement pick up heat signatures from helicopters to help identify dog fighting organizations.

By this time, the seniors and I plan to be very, very tired, and in need of treats, cuddling, and serious snoozing, followed by discussions about adding to the family or remaining fairly mobile and going where we can help the most. Graced with more time, we'll make sure to give thanks every day for being so privileged.

·
Registered
11,280 Posts
I would buy a big house with plenty of land and just have Shepherds galore!!!
every and any rescue would be there and never be abused or neglected again!!!

·
Registered
16,368 Posts
If money were no object, I'd quit my job (more time for dogs) and move to a better climate (it was too hot at 9 am here today!), have the means to take my dogs & I wherever we needed to go on the occassions we needed to go (like to my vets & chiro here.) There is a nearly 2 thousand acre ranch for sale on a river in eastern Oregon that's just real attractive....

·
Registered
213 Posts
If money was no object I would buy a dog kennel/daycare and also have it double as a rescue for all dogs as well as horses. *sigh* Maybe some day when pigs fly.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Get an acreage and a white german shepherd, and a classic black and tan german shepherd. I'd get a horse too, and I'd quit my job and hire a dog trainer/nanny to help me train all the doggies.

I'd set up an animal rehabilitation center. Ever since someone brought in a baby robin to where I worked at and I successfully raised it and released it back into the wild, it's all I've wanted to do.

Right now I have a $700 gift certificate to Petsmart. When I find the time, Chrono is going to be a very spoiled little doggie.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
If I had millions, I'd buy a place near me that used to be Rocky Point Amusement park, shut down years ago, and is now a big ol wasteland of waterfront land waiting for a developer to come and build million dollar houses or condo's (luckily, the city bought 41 of the acres for public use) but I'd buy it all for myself, and have a nice large shelter there for all the pups that need rescuing. I'd be able to go there and visit and help them get adopted or give them a nice place to live out the rest of their lives. I'd hire animal trainers and behaviourists to come and help them out. I'd have a nice large home, with a compound for my family and personal pets, horses galore (rescued, of course) and I'd be one happy girl!
(Gee, not that I had ever thought about this before)

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Originally Posted By: lcht2we would travel the world on foot
Hahahah! That's awesome.

I will purchase a large plot of land in Scotland, and spend every day hiking alongside my GSDs, climbing the grassy crags, exploring the little charming brooks and admiring the old stone bridges built by the Romans.

I will live in an old, refurbished farm house made of stone.

Or ... a beautiful earth home made of reused and recycled materials. My own little self-sustaining mud-glass-wood home in beautiful, wild Wyoming.

My dog and I will explore Wind River Range. Foot, or horseback in designated areas.

Bliss.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
For first year I would buy a pick up truck and 5th wheel trailer and travel throughout Canada and US and Mexico, then I would buy a lot of land and make a leash free zone (with membership only with dogs that have been temperament tested first before allowed into the leash free zone). And make the leash free zone by water for dogs to swim, have agility area, have woods to walk in, and open field to play ball in.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I would move to a large farm with acres and acres for my girl to run. I would adopt her a friend, or two, or three!! I would have all kinds of farm animals but tons of Goats and Pigs. I love Goats and Pigs
I would have a big pond for the dogs to play in.

81 - 100 of 127 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.