German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend has a slightly fat lab, 1 1/4 yr old, who is very active. She has no forum to ask on, so I’m asking for her here. We thought her dog had pano. It is in one front leg, lasts two weeks, and then returns in the same spot, same leg. I told her pano doesn’t come back to the same leg twice, but I don’t know what else would act exactly like pano. Her dog limps, groans when she gently squeezes the long bone. They are trying to avoid X-rays because they don’t want to put her under. Her dog is very active and jumps a lot. She doesn’t have a very good vet, so until she can find another one, what does this sound like?

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
A tick borne disease. Like Lymn's disease.

·
Registered
7,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It causes sore legs? They need a blood test for that? I don’t think we have Lyme here, but anything is possible.

·
Registered
13,884 Posts
"I told her pano doesn’t come back to the same leg"

yes it can . but you would expect to see some pattern where inflammation of Pano alternates - any variation ., among the limbs.

where on the limb is the problem?

·
Registered
7,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"I told her pano doesn’t come back to the same leg"

yes it can . but you would expect to see some pattern where inflammation of Pano alternates - any variation ., among the limbs.

where on the limb is the problem?
It’s in the longbone. I asked her to make sure it’s not in the joint but she said it doesn’t seem to be.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Typical symptoms of Lyme disease in dogs include:
Fever.
Loss of appetite.
Reduced energy.
Lameness (can be shifting, intermittent, and recurring)
Generalized stiffness, discomfort, or pain.
Swelling of joints.

·
Registered
7,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you. I sent her the information. There is less than 1 case in 100,000 in her area, but it’s still possible her dog is that 1.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts