German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was nice out today so I went flying my toy helicopter with Apache. She was in her crate outside while I flew and there was a guy hanging around while me and my heli were taking a break. I asked if he liked dogs and he said "kinda, I watch that cesar guy" I shouldve known better at that point. I said wanna meet my puppy and I let her out, she was just hanging out and I did some sits and down demo for the guy. He decided to teach me dog training and out of the blue he said cesar says to do this- and he scruffed her??? She didnt bite him but she should have, I told him off in a nice way and said you never do that to a dog thats not misbehaving. He had just come from a funeral of a friend at the flying field so I didnt want to go off on him.

·
Banned
1,283 Posts
what a moron - i actually watched an hour long CM vid, i don't have television so i missed the whole ceasar thing but still dveloped negative opinions of the guy. after watching the vid i actually think the guy is kinda cool and nowhere near the bully i thought he was. watching the people he worked with was not cool, they created so many problems for the dogs and the dogs had to suffer for it later.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im not anti Cesar Milan, I get what his techniqes are, but the people he rehabs are idiots, and apparently some idiots only pick up the corrections and not how or when to use them.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I was once at Petsmart and a behaviourist that was dressed like a bum got my dog and was trying to teach me how to walk her on leash while wearing a prong collar, even thoough I didn't ask her too. I was like um excuse me can I have my dog back. I was blown away. Telling someone how to raise their dogs espcially when they are scuffing them is a big NO NO. I would never introuduce my dog to someone who doesn't really like dogs in the first place.

·
Banned
1,283 Posts
yeah i am glad i actually watched cm in action, won't knock him again, he really likes dogs. if i had the money tho i would put it towards a lance collins seminar tho and not a ceaser seminar, but still respect what ceaser does.

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
It just goes to show how many people think what they watch on TV is real. Sorry you had to experience that today.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I havent seen the guy you mentioned, Id like a Micheal Ellis seminar but its 2000, Cesar milan is like 10,000 or something ridiculous. My trainers offer little to zero advice or knowledge, but at 6 dollars its a distraction environment for us to work on via our own techniques.

·
Banned
1,283 Posts
I havent seen the guy you mentioned, Id like a Micheal Ellis seminar but its 2000, Cesar milan is like 10,000 or something ridiculous. My trainers offer little to zero advice or knowledge, but at 6 dollars its a distraction environment for us to work on via our own techniques.

there you go, i paid twelve bucks to go to our local annual fair and they let dogs on leash in. i had no interest in the fair but for twelve bucks i got to expose my pups to 1000+ people, alpacas, roaming clowns, noisy carnival rides. best training i been to for just 12 bucks.

i also pay $4 per night to go to the local show club where they spend all night exchanging grooming tips and placing their dogs on tables and making them look at squeaky toys to get the pose.

again great training for just 4 bucks, i just walk around all these pathetic people and dogs doing my own obed.

man you should check out some lance collins stuff, he's the man, and real nice guy. ME is also a great, i would hate to have to choose one, then throw in ivan.....

i doubt i would bother too much with bart b and all the nepopo e-collar stuff, definately put ceasar above bart personally.

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
show club, people grooming but they're pathetic for grooming, umm.
maybe you should have enrolled in an OB class because there
the pathetic people do OB. :rolleyes:

there you go, i paid twelve bucks to go to our local annual fair and they let dogs on leash in. i had no interest in the fair but for twelve bucks i got to expose my pups to 1000+ people, alpacas, roaming clowns, noisy carnival rides. best training i been to for just 12 bucks.

i also pay $4 per night to go to the local

>>>>show club<<<

where they spend all night exchanging grooming tips and placing their dogs on tables and making them look at squeaky toys to get the pose.

again great training for just 4 bucks, i just walk around

>>>>> all these pathetic people and dogs doing my own obed.<<<<

man you should check out some lance collins stuff, he's the man, and real nice guy. ME is also a great, i would hate to have to choose one, then throw in ivan.....

i doubt i would bother too much with bart b and all the nepopo e-collar stuff, definately put ceasar above bart personally.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I am a fan of Michael Ellis too. I used some of his techniques to train Elsa and it worked like a charm. She learned to be very well behaved and to focus. He's great :)

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
766 Posts
This is why Im anti social with my dog. 9 times out of 10 everything is an enjoyable encounter but I only really let people near my dog if they approach and ask. I don't invite people over and if they feel the need to invite themselves ill respectfully decline. When I feel uncomfortable about a situation or have a negative experience Im not so shy at making it known. Luckily Experiences like this have been a rarity for me

1 - 14 of 14 Posts