German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About ten minutes after I got home from lunch today some kids decide to jump on my fence and yell at my dogs. Luckily I had just put Heidi away and it was just my puppy out back. Then Darcey (my pit) saw them, ran full speed at the fence barking and growling and jumped on the fence. Darcey can clear a six foot fence easy if he wanted. The kids decided to do it again with sticks! That's when I came out but they took off. Time to find who they are. I'm also making some calls to my friends at the PD.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
That's horrible. You've to be careful of kids like that. They have the potential to poison dogs especially when they don't like/care for them...

Do you know who their parents are?

That's irritating as f man. I hope they don't come back or learn some manners!

·
Premium Member
16,483 Posts
Boy that is irritating because Darcy would pay the price if he went for them. Hope you track them down. I can think of all kinds of fun revenge but that would probably start a war.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Boy that is irritating because Darcy would pay the price if he went for them. Hope you track them down. I can think of all kinds of fun revenge but that would probably start a war.
Out of my dogs, I'm glad it was Darcey. He looks mean but wouldn't actually bite. If Heidi was still out it would have been over. I'm a Force Recon Marine. Trust me! I'm thinking of all sorts of things haha. But I'm trying to play by the rules. I don't need one of my dogs paying the price because I couldn't control my temper. At least the dogs have at least CGC's if not more awards showing they are stable. I'm filing an incident report and trying to find out who they are and where they live so I can talk to thier parents. It's all fun and games until a kid is missing a face.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Why on earth do kids think this is a fun thing to go? Very frustrating & they are idiots...don't care how old they are.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Kids do these sorts of things because their parents have not taught them the correct behavior of how to treat another person's dog(s) or if they are with an adult and teasing a dog behind a fence, the adult does not correct the child, instead just ignores the whole thing. If my dad is home and kids are teasing our dog, he steps outside into the backyard and says "Quit teasing the dog" and if it happens again with the same kids, he does the same thing as before, but says "Want me to let her out?". After that, the kids stop teasing our family's dog. However, calling the police and filing the incedent report actually sounds like a better thing to do than what my dad does.

·
Registered
418 Posts
So sad and of course it would be the dogs fault if something bad happened

·
Registered
27,249 Posts
Get a video camera.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They did not jump over the fence. They were leaning on/over it. My pit ran and jumped. His chest was clear over the fence but he didn't go over. He usually doesn't. At our old house he would jump on our 6 foot brick wall and sit on top. Not once did ge ever do over. This house has a wood privacy fence. He had not jumped on it or near until today:mad:. I was really hoping he wouldn't figure that out. That being said, my pit is actually as gentle and friendly as they come. He wouldn't bite them for anything. But they don't know that.

Video taping is a good idea. I'm going to do that if it happens again. They saw me walk out and I haven't seen them since. Hopefully it's over.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Kids! The stick thing is bad. On one side I have a neighbor kid that screams real high pitched(he in 6th grade!) and has thrown dirt in my dogs faces when they were up by the fence. The other side the older boy is usually nice, but the other day he had a friend with him and came "woofing" all crouched down up to the fence, my dogs started barking at them and I said "BOYS" kinda forceful and the people boys ran off back to their house! Funny, I was talking to my dogs! I think they thought I was hollering at them! A little laugh, maybe they won't do it again!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
We were at a BBQ last weekend in town and I don;t know if we just live a sheltered life out here (rural no neighbors) but I was appalled at the behavior of some of the kids on that street. Young kids form all different houses just being very naughty. They actually "stole" a little puppy out of someones front yard and had it running after them on the road. DH and I caught it and took it back. We didn't really know the people where we were having lunch as they were friends of friends but we asked them if this was all normal.....they seemed to think we were strange.....our 4 year old was horrified.....they just didn't have any parental supervision at all.....these are kids 3 &4 on the roads.......I'll say it again....I LOVE where we live.;)

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Those kids were idiots. Where we lived back in Pgh, our neighbors' kids would throw Buckeyes and Crab Apples at our dogs when they were outside. The parents were outside and didn't stop them. Finally I collected all the thrown objects and deposited them on their doorstep asking them kindly to keep their kids from throwing things into our yard. Having several pounds of rotten Buckeyes and Crab Apples on their doorstep they had to get rid of stopped all the nonsense real quick.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Why on earth do kids think this is a fun thing to go? Very frustrating & they are idiots...don't care how old they are.
because their parents do not teach them any different, then later the parents cry, when they seem their kids in the orange jump suits with handcuffs on

·
Premium Member
16,483 Posts
We had an issue with a neighbor like that. One boy always taunting dogs-wondered why Linus never seemed to like him because Linus liked all kids, until I caught him in the act. The father was oblivious - always blaming other dogs. The one that got him was not ours but he climbed their fence and went running through their yard.

Wish I could remember that kid's last name. I imagine there are mugshots somewhere. He was a bad seed in many other ways.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
This is a big problem when you live near a school. Were these high school kids or younger? Good thing Heidi wasn't out, she'd have taught them a lesson... and unfortunately, while the kids learned the lesson, she'd have paid the price. :( Priorities are all messed up. When I was a kid, if you taunted a dog and got bitten, it was YOUR fault and you got what you deserved!

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This is a big problem when you live near a school. Were these high school kids or younger? Good thing Heidi wasn't out, she'd have taught them a lesson... and unfortunately, while the kids learned the lesson, she'd have paid the price. :( Priorities are all messed up. When I was a kid, if you taunted a dog and got bitten, it was YOUR fault and you got what you deserved!
They were 11 or 12. Still old enough to know better.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 36 Posts