German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took Ammo with me to our local feed and tack store, he goes with me all the time. This time one of the ladies that works there was petting him and telling me how beautiful he is. She ask if he had sable in his bloodline, which I thought was a dumb question since he is sable. Then she started talking about how she had a female she was going to breed, but every time she bred him with the male she had they threw puppies with white. She kept talking me how she had been looking for a shepherd just like Ammo to breed to her female. I quickly told her I did not have breeding rights to Ammo and that he was just a pet. She looks me dead in the face and with all seriousness said "that's ok cause I only want to breed my female a couple times." Like that would make me change my mind and let her use Ammo. She then goes on to tell me she really wants to breed her female soon because "she was almost 3 and they start having hip and joint problems when they get much older." I quickly told her Ammo was only 9 months old and to young to breed even if I didn't have a contract forbidding it. She then informs me that he is more than old enough, since she only wanted a couple litters anyway. At which point Ammo and I had had enough and left.

I feel horrible for this woman's dogs and for anyone else who has to have contact with this idiot woman. I am proud of myself for not telling her how stupid she truly is.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
31,821 Posts
Idiots are out there...and they are breeding

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Rusty was just a year old and my husband and I took him to a leashed park to walk the trails. I was getting him out of the truck and a lady in the parking lot stopped to comment on how handsome he was, that she has a GSD female that's she's looking to breed *hint hint*. My husband knows my stance on breeding...he winked at me, took Russ and headed for the trail because he didn't want to hear my response to her. lol

I was polite but said no thanks:)

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Yup there are idiots out there. Congrats on not telling her she was an idiot to her face lol... People everywhere I go constantly ask me if Im going to breed Penny because "she is such a beautiful dog and so well behave she would make great puppies!" I tell them no, ive had people tell me that I should breed her to let her have one litter and the arguments why I should ect. People are just dumb

·
Registered
6,699 Posts
I just saw this local ad posted last night...
"We have a German rottweiler in heat. Does anyone have a male we can breed her to? You can have pick of the litter we aren't looking to spend any money. Thus it's the only time we want to have puppies and then she will be fixed"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts