German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am re-posting with new pictures and additional information. Thanks to all who responded before! My girlfriend and I adopted Charlotte about a month ago. She is 57 lbs and is about 19-21 inches tall. Her medicaI records claimed that GSD was the only breed present in her. However, I was wondering what everyone else thought. She certainly has the temperament of a GSD, she is a big time chewer, learns extremely fast with consistency, and super loyal and protective! I just wanted to get everyone’s thoughts on whether or not she is purebred as I am trying to avoid soending the extra cash on a DNA test!
Thanks guys!!

Attachments

·
Registered
663 Posts
I am in the same place as you w/ my new rescue. I plan to do dna on her but will wait a bit till I'm more bonded to her

before I find out her independent streak comes from 4-10 other breeds. LOL. Hard to say on your dog because there's so many different "types" of GSD's. Just like people have different features in body and face, so do dogs.

·
Registered
32,416 Posts
High content GSD at a minimum, possibly pure. Something about the shape of her head is off so there is probably a smidge of something else in there. Good enough for a PAL listing thru AKC.

·
Registered
16,026 Posts
I'd say GSD and nothing else. There's quite a bit of variety in GSDs and the white tip of the tail would not negate GSD. (My bi-color has a "reverse skunk" (aka white stripe on her chest)

·
Registered
10,826 Posts
Her coat is very sleek. More so than what I would expect from a pure bred GSD. Cheeks remind me of a few drops of possibly Pitbull blood in her veins, hence the sleek coat. Nice, strong looking dog.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everybody! Im going to apply for her for the PAL program w/ AKC and see what happens. Also might get her a DNA test in the coming months! Regardless, she is an amazing dog!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts