German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm needing to build a dog run for a new dog i'll hopefully be getting quite soon. It is a high drive working gsd female. I've looked at areas in my back yard and the one that seems the best location, in a shady place, is about 5.5m by 3m. Do you think this is fine or too big/small?

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
For those who are metric challenged like I am, I converted the measurements on Google - if it's correct, 5.5 meters is about 18.045 feet and 3 meters is about 9.84 feet.

I don't know, but if it's about 18x10', I'm no expert but it sounds like an okay size. I have a pen in my yard to keep Mac and Slider separated when they're outside. It's 24x30' (about 7.3m x 9.14m) which seems to be adequate for Slider and his evil spawn.

After they're out a while I bring Mac in the house and let Slider and Bruiser out to play in the yard which is 1-1/4 acres.

·
Super Moderator
7,252 Posts
i agree, that sounds plenty large. roughly the size of the room i'm in now and it looks like a nice size. when you also figure - many dogs are in a 2x4 crate for similar hours - your dog will have a great time in that size of a pen.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good to know. I pulled up the landscaped garden at the back and now we've got someone putting it back in because it was in a bad place...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts