German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My gsd puppy is 5 weeks old and I was wondering what the markings may be like?

The father is bi-color, and very black with small brown pencil foot markings

The mother is a typical Black and Tan saddleback

Any help appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am thinking he is going to be a Bi color as well. How old is he? My last pup (RIP baby boy) was very similar markings to yours since we got him at 8 weeks and did change much except for a slight peppering down his back. I will try and find a picture for you and post it in a minute of when we first got him vs when he was almost full grown. He died when he was a year and a half so I don't know what his full grown coloring would have been. I'll find the picture for you in a minute :) So far I think your puppy is taking after the dad. My previous dog was born to black and tan parents so we have no idea where the bicolor came from lol.

·
Registered
28 Posts
the first picture is the day we brought him home at 8 weeks old. The other two pictures are from when he was a year and a half. Not much changed in his coloring except maybe a little more tan on the backs of his shoulders but again not much lol. Your puppy is a little bit younger than he was but around 8 weeks I think you will know mostly what they will look like. Good luck with your newest family member! I miss my baby boy so much :'(

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts