German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to find a good metal ID tag/nameplate that I can rivet onto a leather Leerburg collar. I have a metal one that slides on the collar, but it's for extra thick collars (I don't think the regular one would slide onto the thick leather), and although it fits, it falls off everytime I remove his collar for something. I'm afraid one of these days it will come off and I will forget to put it back on. I don't want the ID tags that hang, b/c that combined with the hanging rabies tag makes way too much noise.

Is there a good quality ID plate that I can put onto Kodee's collar myself, that will stay on? The Leerburg collars are so thick (which I love), I'm afraid that if I order one, the rivets won't go through and/or stay in place. I'd like one that I can put our address on and TWO phone numbers - most tags I've seen don't fit that much info.

Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, Chris-

That is the same site I ordered his slide on tag from. I never thought about buying "pop rivets" at the hardware store to put them on. I may try that. I like their products... the collar Kodee has is single layer leather, but it's thick leather - not like a lot of the leather collars at pet stores...

Thanks again!

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts