German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have lost Internet and are expected to lose power soon. Haha good trusty IPhone always keeps me connected. Last year we had an ice storm and lost power for 6 days. My GSD loved it, the Great Dane shivered the entire time. It's actually thundering and lightning with the snow.

The news said 5-9 inches on snow expected , which isn't much for some people but here people panic lol
As others rushed out for water and food , I ran to the store for more toys to play in the snow with my dogs!

My son likes us to tie the inner tube to the xuv hitch and drive around the neighborhood. LoL we try to make the best of the crazy weather. It's expected to be 3 degrees in a few hour but it was 74 degrees 2 days ago lol too funny!
Oh well dogs are sleeping, I am wide awake!

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I'm an Okie transplant and that's typcial Oklahoma weather, if it's not snow it's ice, or hail, or tornados! My mother is still there and has been giving me weather reports. We are suppose to get some here in Dallas but not as much...though it will mess with all the superbowl parties the celebs are throwing this week.

Stay warm!

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hooray! Internet back on lol they said the lightning created a surge on our router.

@ GSDAlphamom, my mother lives 8 blocks from me, yet she still finds a need to call me with weather updates LOL I enjoy the bipolar weather we have here.
Although, I hate this blowing sleet...it's more like chunks of ice that painfully hit your face like a snap from a rubber band.
The dogs are not enjoying it either.

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts
I'm in the Oklahoma City metro and it's sleeting like crazy. The dogs are camped out in their crates for the night.

We had thundersleet and lightning earlier, and the dogs were completely unphased. Silly girls thought it was fun! The snow is supposed to start up while we sleep. I'll be interested to see how they react to their first snow!

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts
It is indeed the snowpocalypse! Tomorrow should be interesting. Nothing like being trapped in the house in a snowstorm with 2 young GSDs and 2 antique Italian Greyhounds.

We have a generator and a fireplace, so hopefully we have it covered in case the power goes out. :) In hindsight I should've bought WAY more pee pads for the IGs!

·
Registered
728 Posts
Awww that reminds me of when we had a power outage years ago during a very cold winter, and I put a T-Shirt on my Great Dane because he was so cold! But he hated it and just stood there with his head hanging, lol!

So today I went to the grocery store to stock up, but I didn't make it to the pet store - I have one huge bag of Wellness so I hope it lasts! And I hope my chew toy supply holds, too! Lord knows that's one stockpile I can never go without!

Horses are all taken care of at their stable, so I've just gotta hold it down here at the fort... And make sure I put sweaters on my mom's Chihuahua!

By the way, I'm near Cleveland, OH and we're expecting a mega-storm and 12-18 inches of snow!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Where I live it's supposed to come at 11pm tonight and snow nonstop (heavy and slightly on and off) for over 24 hours. They're predicting over a foot. Our ground is already well over a foot from all the other times it has snowed recently. I'm actually getting sick of it haha. Since mid December, they've been predicting snow either every week or every other week and they're ALWAYS right this year. Then we end up getting snow days and whatnot. I think I'm ready for spring, I can't remember what the grass looks like haha.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
woohoo !!!Tons of snow for us to play in!! I have been out with the dogs since 7:30 off and on. They are having so much fun! LOL I am having fun!!!

@MrsK.... last time the power was out for 6 days, it stayed about 40 degrees in the house. I always have fuel gel, the fire place and with 4 dogs and 3 people we kept huddled. The Great Dane and my husband handled it the worst. This time we have planned to put the tent up in the other living room and stay warm there (if we lose power)

Right now it is -11 outside with the wind blowing and my heater seems to be struggling. we have 3 heaters on the tortoises room in the garage. Its hard to get good photos while the winds are gusting 40MPH ugh. Once the wind stops it will be fun.
A guy just walked down the street with a shovel because his wife is stuck on the road.

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts
Yikes! it is C O L D and snowing.

We had to shove Sage out the patio door this morning. She took one look and said '"ummm NO". Carly, of course, dashed on out and started running around. How she found a ball to play with in those drifts is beyond me, but she IS ball crazy...

They had a great time, but I made them come in for awhile (none of us are used to snow and cold).

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Yikes! it is C O L D and snowing.

We had to shove Sage out the patio door this morning. She took one look and said '"ummm NO". Carly, of course, dashed on out and started running around. How she found a ball to play with in those drifts is beyond me, but she IS ball crazy...

They had a great time, but I made them come in for awhile (none of us are used to snow and cold).

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW :wub:

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
woohoo I learned how to add a photo!!

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts
LOL they are CRAZY! Carly and her "what do you mean I have to come inside?" face:

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Banned
8,988 Posts
woohoo !!!Tons of snow for us to play in!! I have been out with the dogs since 7:30 off and on. They are having so much fun! LOL I am having fun!!!

@MrsK.... last time the power was out for 6 days, it stayed about 40 degrees in the house. I always have fuel gel, the fire place and with 4 dogs and 3 people we kept huddled. The Great Dane and my husband handled it the worst. This time we have planned to put the tent up in the other living room and stay warm there (if we lose power)

Right now it is -11 outside with the wind blowing and my heater seems to be struggling. we have 3 heaters on the tortoises room in the garage. Its hard to get good photos while the winds are gusting 40MPH ugh. Once the wind stops it will be fun.
A guy just walked down the street with a shovel because his wife is stuck on the road.
I can tell that our heater was struggling too yesterday. It was -22 in the morning but it didn't feel like it. The wind wasn't going and the sun was burning down, so it didn't feel that cold, however the house itself wasn't as warm as usually. Today it's warmer but something is coming out that looks more like icebits instead of snow...

I love snow, I like the cold but the things I've experienced here in only two months is enough to be ready for spring. :D

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
yes, we just sealed the dog door with tape because the snow blew inside the back living room!! ugh I had to shovel the back door to get it to shut again.

Next house we buy will never have a door on the North side, it is always a problem in the winter.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts