German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Luna just peed 3 times in the house in under 30 mins.. she doesn't do that normally she is very good at peeing outside. Only thing that was different before hand was a ice cube I gave her. Would that have anything to do with that? We have a vet appointment tomorrow so I am debating on asking to do a uti test.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya that is what i am leaning towards as well. Good thing vet appointment tomorrow, i can nip it in the butt before it gets out of control

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bram I took the water away for 1.5 hrs and she hasn't peed in the house again.... I think the ice cube was the reason, it was her first ice cube.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Bram I took the water away for 1.5 hrs and she hasn't peed in the house again.... I think the ice cube was the reason, it was her first ice cube.
That doesn't make any sense why would an ice cube make you pee more? I wouldn't restrict her water especially if she does have a UTI, that can make things much worse. Let her drink normally and take her out more often. What did the vet say?

·
Registered
127 Posts
I would still get her checked at the vet appointment- it seems weird that a single ice cube would impact her like that. Every dog is different, but my girl gets ice cubes and ice blocks to chomp on a regular basis and it doesn't seem to impact her need to pee frequently any differently than drinking water. After all, one ice cube is maybe a couple laps of water and once they eat it it melts and is processed the same as water.

Maybe it was just a coincidence, but I usually err on the side of caution (cause I'm a worry wart like that)

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Vet said it doesnt seem like a UTI but if i get a pee sample she will check it for me. Today she has had unlimited water access and no in house accidents.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts