German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Summer is coming and I have a giant bone-shaped ice cube tray which makes bones Lainey loves to chew. You can make it a thin or thick bone depending upon how much you fill it. She gets one a night made with only water as it is chewed indoors. If you are giving the ice bone outdoors, you could use any liquid (broth etc.) Just search for "IceDog from Canada" and you should find the ice cube tray to buy.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Cool! Jerzey would be all over that!!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Gayle- I couldn't remember where I got it- you found it! Thanks because I'm ordering another for the summer.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Great idea! This will be great for summer for some cold broth/stock bones!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Just an FYI - when I bought two Nylabone Galileo Bones, I kept the hard plastic "bone shaped" covers they came in. I've filled them with water and frozen them - works as well as ice cube trays.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
I have that tray from SitStay as well, and I also have another tray from the same company that makes a bunch of smaller bone shapes. I had not used it to make an "ice bone" for my dogs, but I've used it to make ice pops for them with yogurt and berries, and also to make ice cubes for people for a dog party!

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
I ordered the tray from SitStay today! I can't wait to make ice/broth bones to help keep the puppers cool this summer!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ordered two more so I have backups for the summer. I give them in the house so I just use water. Maybe I'll try broth or yougurt for summer and give it to her on the porch

·
Registered
1,609 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You can make them thinner and they break really easy if dropped. Also they melt fairly quick when thinner too! Also not all dogs will chew, in the warmer weather they'll probably lick them for the coolness as they melt more than chew them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts