German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dixie and Riga have two seperate food dishes. Same size, same shape, same color, same brand.

They get the same food in each dish. Same amount.

But they seem to think that they both have to eat out of the same dish at the same time until that one is empty----then move over and eat out of the other dish until it is empty.

If I tell one or the other to eat out of the second dish, they will go over and sniff it, then go back to eating out of the first dish.

I have to wonder why?

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Dominance/competing isn't always aggression... It can be a subtle as speeding up to get out of a door first, to check something out first, to eat each others food..

Or, it could be nothing but a quirk.

No matter, feed them separate. They're animals and one might decide one day she does NOT want to share, and a fight can break out.

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
APBTLove------It's just a quirk, probably brought on by my style of handling.

I wasn't posting because I have a problem...........I just thought it was sort of humorous.

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
I think it is neat, they are sharing. I think maybe that goes to show they are not competing with each other, just good sisters. And Fred is good "dad". :)

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Well, you're going to get advice no matter what lol And I thought you were asking because of the '?'

Just please keep a close eye on it, my own dogs did this. I thought it was freaking adorable, but as they matured they tolerated each other less and it nearly got nasty.

·
Registered
622 Posts
APBTLove------I wasn't posting because I have a problem...........I just thought it was sort of humorous.
Glad ya weren't asking for advice, cause I couldn't give any. My Bear is an "only child." But, I do catch my cat eating his food all the time. When he starts barking, I'll let ya'll know! LOL

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When he starts barking, I'll let ya'll know! LOL
LOL!!! Callie and Dymka used to do the same thing.

If someone were to ask Dixie and Riga what is the secret to World Peace, they'd have the answer right on the tip of their tongues,

"Eat first, fight later."

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
Good advice from the girls!!!!! And if I am not mistaken these girls are mature ladies that have spent many years together.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts